AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an Epson TW600 that is 140 hours into its third lamp (around 4140 total hours now). A few weeks ago (when it had about 100 hours on the new lamp), a blue tinge/fringe started to appear on the screen. Typically, it will appears along a high contrast area (such as the black bars from a 16:9 movie). When the movie has finished the area where the black bar was will be extremely blue. Change the picture for long enough or turn the projector off for a few hours and it disappears, however within 20 mins of turning it on it starts to appear again in various places.

This appears to have started happening after a marathon movie day where I had it on for around 12 hours straight, so I am guessing I have stuffed up something.

From reading other threads, does this sounds like the blue polariser has gone, or is it likely to be something different? I'm definitely keen to have a crack at fixing it myself if it is, especially considering it has a basically new lamp in it.

Where does one buy polarisers from? Is there an online store that anyone recommends?

thanks,

Kris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Probably should have mentioned, but I have since enabled the high altitude mode to try and speed up the fan for additional cooling, but its made stuff all difference.

Any advice at all is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
My first guess would have been the Blue polarizer, but once they burn, they will have that discoloration permanently, it will not come and go. No, because the image is clear on startup but discolors again, I'd say you have an LCD panel that is going bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.