AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i've been following this forum for a while and learned a lot of things as i'm new to HT.

i almost decided to go with panasonic ax100 but now after reading day by day i am going to get epson tw700 this weekend as both these two PJs are priced same over here (little pricy though, 2100 euros).

my seating distance is about 12 ft (350 cm) and i want to get your advices on throw distance and secreen size also.

i'm planning to use a 92'' screen. i think 106'' would be too large for my seating. what would be the best throwing distance for tw700 ? i can go up to 16-17 ft but don't want to go further than 15ft cause i have a table underneath...

what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi,

From the specifications of TW700, I think the throw distance of 10 feet to 15 feet will be good enough if you will use a 92" screen.

On the other hand, the price of TW700 is expensive in your country. You can save much if you buy it overseas.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i purchased a plasma from a hi-fi store over here, i returned that after couple months and instead of taking cash back i'll have to purchase another product from there. i have no other chance so that's why i have to get epson tw700 at that price.

10 ft sounds too close for tw700 i think for it's lumens. won't it be too bright on 92'' screen?

·
Registered
686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliasGS /forum/post/0

i purchased a plasma from a hi-fi store over here, i returned that after couple months and instead of taking cash back i'll have to purchase another product from there. i have no other chance so that's why i have to get epson tw700 at that price.

10 ft sounds too close for tw700 i think for it's lumens. won't it be too bright on 92'' screen?

Hi Elias,

I own the Epson 810 (US version of the TW700).

The Tw700/ 810 has the most mounting flexibility than other LCD projectors because of it's 2.1:1 zoom lens.

You can use the projectorcentral calculator for the Epson 810 (US version of the TW700) to calculate the mounting range. For a 92" screen it's anywhere from 9.5ft to 20.4ft. Generally closer to the screen is brighter and farther away is more contrast.

I would say 11-13ft from a 92" screen is the sweet spot.

You'll be very impressed with what the TW700 can do.

Joe

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Black /forum/post/0

Hi Elias,

I own the Epson 810 (US version of the TW700).

The Tw700/ 810 has the most mounting flexibility than other LCD projectors because of it's 2.1:1 zoom lens.

You can use the projectorcentral calculator for the Epson 810 (US version of the TW700) to calculate the mounting range. For a 92" screen it's anywhere from 9.5ft to 20.4ft. Generally closer to the screen is brighter and farther away is more contrast.

I would say 11-13ft from a 92" screen is the sweet spot.

You'll be very impressed with what the TW700 can do.

Joe

Hi Joe,

thanks for the reply. i've been fallowing your reviews on the epson tw700 and ax100 topics and considering your decisions strongly.

i'd like to use epson's presets modes on optimum distances, that's why i'd like to hear you guy's thoughts on this.

i'm using projectcentral's calculations as well but it gives a wide range for throwing distance. i think i'll go ahead and try 14 or 15 ft cause i don't want to sit just below the PJ as my seating is 12ft away from the screen to avoid from the fan noise just in case. i haven't decided on the screen size, it will be either 92'' or 106'' but probably 92''.

·
Registered
824 Posts
The rule of thumb for a 720p projector is to sit at least 1.5 screen widths away to avoid SDE (screen door effect). Using that criteria it looks like the 92" screen is your best choice at 12 foot viewing distance. Happy viewing!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I am very interested in purchasing this pj. the only problem is that i have a fixed position to place the pj. Is it possible to project at a distance of 6 meters with the TW700? (18-19 ft)

If not, any suggestions of other pj's?

thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts