AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says the image is green for a few seconds (10 max) at startup is this normal?

I am still waiting for the screen so I just tried it projecting on a wall as the screen wont arrive till Monday.

So far though so good

Regards

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Latte  /t/1524637/epson-tw8200-green-image-at-startup-for-a-few-seconds#post_24543588

Anyone??

Regards

Chris

Here's a guess because I use to see something similar on a Samsung plasma I used to own. It's a handshake problem which sometimes displays its self as a green or purple screen.

The fact that it goes away on your projector after 35 seconds means that the sink (projector) and the source (AVR, Blu-ray/DVD player) have renegotiated the HDCP handshake.

http://www.hdcabling.co.za/hdcp_hdmi_handshake_troubleshooting_guidelines.php

Like I said it's a guess since I can't see your problem in person. Photos and more information about your setup can help identify your problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is an Epsom tw8200 and it seems to happen with a Teac set top box and a Sony dvd player. If it is normal and not a fault with my projector I am not worried, I am just a bit concerned it is a fault of some sort.

Regards

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Latte  /t/1524637/epson-tw8200-green-image-at-startup-for-a-few-seconds#post_24545746

It is an Epson tw8200 and it seems to happen with a Teac set top box and a Sony dvd player. If it is normal and not a fault with my projector I am not worried, I am just a bit concerned it is a fault of some sort.

Regards

Chris

I assume you are in Australia or some foreign country, I had to look up TEAC set top boxes although I don't know which model you own. The Epson TW8200 is the same as in the 5030 in the USA.

As mentioned in the link I provided sometimes changing the order of equipment power up can solve the green screen problem, sometimes it doesn't make any difference.

Try connecting the TEAC box to the projector with component cables, if it eliminates the green screen you've pretty much proven that it's a handshake issue.

If you are still concerned contact Epson support.

http://www.epson.com.au/company/contactus/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts