AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have A Pioneer Elite SC-61 , sub set to -12db in settings for channel level. I've been using a ART CLEANBoxPro to boost input signal for my one EPX4000 for a year now and would power two titanic mkIII 15 inch subs and never had a problem with the thing going into protection mode, EVER, subs would bottom out way before amp ever clipped, in fact I never saw the thing clip until I bridged. Recently I got another EPX4000 and a UXL-18 subwoofer, I have the amp set into bridged to power the one UXL-18 and both amps are getting the same exact level of input signal boost but yet the bridged EPX4000 goes into protect far too easily. Each amp is on its own dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker and outlet with 12awg lines running less than 25 feet each to the breaker box. On those explosive sub hits the thing just goes to into protect for a few seconds and then goes back on. I don't understand what the problem is, also noticed bridged EPX4000 runs SIGNIFICANTLY hotter but I don't think heat is much of a factor considering it'll still go easily into protect even when completely cold.

If I can't figure out a way around it looks like I'll just have to run it unbridged and run less power into it.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Keep in mind..

When running an amplifier in the bridged mode (BTL), one stage is in a push/pull mode with the other amp stage. So the output power can mathmatically be 4x but the amps see a low impedance load like 2-3 ohms....

So often an amplifier's protection circuit can be triggered...

Just my $0.05.... 👍😉

1 - 2 of 2 Posts