AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a sub for my daughter's smallish bedroom using and elemental designs eqhs-12 and a rythmik 150 amp.

(was going to use an ascendant assassin10, but they are sold out, and there are no specs for the new one, or pricing info or anyting useful at ascendant right now
)

anyway, I decided that I want to get going, and the EQHS-12 is cheap enough that if it really blows, I can buy something better and build her a better one in 6 months.

the problem is the EQHS-12 seems to want a _really_ big box, like >4.5 ft^3 to model well. my space budget is more like 2.5 ft^3 max (nightstand).

so I was wondering if this driver might work well in an OB (or HB or UB)?

winisd doesn't model OB. are there any modelling tools for OB?

is there a DIY site dedicated to open baffle, or H/U baffle subs?

again, this is a small room (~8x12) so I can expect a fair amount of room gain, also, this wil be following her to college, where dorm rooms give a lot of gain..

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
There's an enormous amount of information here:

http://www.linkwitzlab.com/models.htm

There's nothing that makes that driver very suitable for it, though. Lowish Qts and less than 10mm Xmax don't make a decent dipole woofer. You'd need quite a boost of boost to get any depth, and you'd probably get much more 20-40Hz output out of a good little sealed 10". It'd probably sound fantastic above 40Hz or so, that's what dipoles do...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.