AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions:

1. Is placing the AV equipment under and flush with the screen considered poor design? I know it isn't ideal, but do you think it would distract the viewer too much?

2. Is there any issues with placing the subwoofer behind the screen. There will be about 3 feet behind the screen (a little alcove, trapezoidal shaped) where I can put the sub. The screen will be about 2 feet off the ground.

Thanks for any opinions.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
1. While I don't think it would distract me any more than having equipment right below my TV, I do think it takes away from the "true" theater experience. Put it this way, if I went to a movie theater I would be bugged if they had little lights below the screen.

2. It's my understanding that a sub behind the screen can work. Lots of people design their space so that the sub sides in the corners to the side of the screen. So behind the screen wall, but but directly behind the screen. Of course with a acoustically transparent screen it shouldn't matter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.