AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have the HD feed of ER suddenly switch to the lower-res version?

I'm on TWC here in NYC.

Disappointed,

Damian

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
HD in Detroit.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yeah, it was HD for a second right at the beginning, but it was already in the opening credits, so they switched it over so we wouldn't miss the first couple minutes. Looks like the timing of the HD source wasn't adjusted according to the ending of the president's speech.

On a side note, anyone notice that the ER in HD actually shows less of the image than the widescreen version they show in SD? In a couple of scenes, people's heads were getting chopped off.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mosquito
On a side note, anyone notice that the ER in HD actually shows less of the image than the widescreen version they show in SD? In a couple of scenes, people's heads were getting chopped off.
The frames are exactly the same. The letterbox master is created directly from the HD master. If there are framing differences, it's likely overscan issues with your receiving equipment and/or monitor. Oversacan issues seem to be very common in HD reception.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Windom Earle
Would you mind repeating that.
Sorry about that. Either my connection or the forum was being unresponsive, so I must have hit the submit button 2 times too many.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
You should also be able to delete your own posts.

Click the "Edit" icon on the post, when you get to the Edit page, click on the "Delete" checkbox at the top left, then the "Delete Now" button.

Regards,

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Yes, it's been very slow and balky the last 2-3 days. A couple times when posting it's hung for a long period of time and I fired up another browser window to see if it actually went through or not so I could stop the cranking. In almost every case it's already posted but just won't close out...

ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.