AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That'd be AWESOME if they included the footage of Eric Stoltz playing as Marty in the DVD release (which they're not). They say he completed 1/3 of the movie before they brought in Fox. While Fox is probably the best Marty, it would have been interesting to see Stoltz as Marty, especially with the different clothing, hairstyle, and acting.

Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly pictures

I wish the DVDs were THX-mastered...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I don't think Universal is involved with THX. Can someone name a Universal DVD that is THX certified?....I believe Paramount dosen't do it either.....to me THX doesn't mean squat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Aren't these transfers approved by THX, but not mastered? I agree that some of the DVDs chosen by THX to be approved seem less than reference quality by a good margin.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Barbarian
Aren't these transfers approved by THX, but not mastered? I agree that some of the DVDs chosen by THX to be approved seem less than reference quality by a good margin.
Certainly in the case of the original "Highlander" disk it seemed that THX just cashed the check and sent the logo... I can't believe they ever actually looked at it or they would never have approved such an appalling transfer and put their name on it.

Fred

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
(From BTTF.com)

Fans who have waited what may seem an eternity for the official specs on these discs may notice the omission of one highly sought-after feature: the infamous Eric Stoltz footage. Bob Gale tells me the reason behind the decision for non-inclusion of the material:

"Despite the fan interest, it's doubtful that any Eric Stoltz footage will be included in the BTTF DVD release. No one particularly wants to relive what was an uncomfortable situation...and we don't want to do anything that would be perceived as harmful to Stoltz."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.