AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please help. I was online playing black ops 3 nights ago and my ps3 booted me from the network saying you have been signed out of the playstation network. Ever since then when I sign in it immediately signs out saying a error has occurred you have been signed out of the playstation network error code 80028ea8. I've called the ps3 people 3 times each one had me do pointless steps no of which worked including restoring my ps3 to its default settings. Any suggestions. Please I need help!!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
They have error codes in Arizona?

If you connect wirelessly, try connecting it w/ an ethernet cable

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not Arizona this error code is definetly from hell. My internet is working fine I don't use a router just a 3 foot long Ethernet cord and my dsl is worling fine. I need help the playstation people can't help. Please guys I'm desperate I've been without for almost 4 days I'm dying here.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Do you plug other devices in and out of your DSL line then?

If so, that's probably the problem. I don't believe your ISP can only give out one IP address, which is probably claimed by, say your laptop (or however else you're checking your internet). Plugging in another device on the same line probably won't work, because your ISP thinks your IP address is being used by another device.

If you want to have multiple devices to share a line, you're going to need a router.

·
Banned
9,953 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppshooky /forum/post/19516190

Do you plug other devices in and out of your DSL line then?

If so, that's probably the problem. I don't believe your ISP can only give out one IP address, which is probably claimed by, say your laptop (or however else you're checking your internet). Plugging in another device on the same line probably won't work, because your ISP thinks your IP address is being used by another device.

If you want to have multiple devices to share a line, you're going to need a router.

This, but it's not the IP. Every device's MAC address is device specific, and most of the time ISP cable modems lock them in for a specific amount of time. Swapping out devices like that can cause conflicts.

Try power cycling the cable modem, letting it sit for 5-10min power unplugged from the wall. Hopefully that will release and renew the MAC Addy. Have the PS3 already on when you plug it back in. Otherwise, you might be able to look up the IP you can connect from a PC to the cable modem to go into it's setup menu and release/renew the addressing.

But as said above, you'll want to look into a Router for the future.

Are you able to sign into the PSN BTW? Just not COD? Also, whats the error code?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the tip unfortunately it didn't work either. same thing error you have been signed out of the playstation network. I've been taking the cord from my laptops to my home computer to my playstation several times a day for 5 years and haven't had this happen. Why is this happening now?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII /forum/post/19516310

This, but it's not the IP. Every device's MAC address is device specific, and most of the time ISP cable modems lock them in for a specific amount of time. Swapping out devices like that can cause conflicts.

Try power cycling the cable modem, letting it sit for 5-10min power unplugged from the wall. Hopefully that will release and renew the MAC Addy. Have the PS3 already on when you plug it back in. Otherwise, you might be able to look up the IP you can connect from a PC to the cable modem to go into it's setup menu and release/renew the addressing.

But as said above, you'll want to look into a Router for the future.

Are you able to sign into the PSN BTW? Just not COD? Also, whats the error code?

and no I can't sign into the psn at all. It says error you have been signed out of the playstation network. My internet is fine though.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuwrestler99 /forum/post/19516335

Thank you for the tip unfortunately it didn't work either. same thing error you have been signed out of the playstation network. I've been taking the cord from my laptops to my home computer to my playstation several times a day for 5 years and haven't had this happen. Why is this happening now?

Don't know why it's happening now, but like Tyrant said, your isp gives you an IP based on dhcp, meaning it's dynamic and will only work w/ the mac address it was assigned to. So if you're laptop is working, then dhcp is the reason you're ps3 doesn't connect.

Get a router and that will probably solve your issue... it doesn't even have to be wireless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts