AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would guess that the problem is that the San Diego stations use their cable channel position as their main channel id number. The San Diego NBC station is on UHF 39, but their logo uses a big number 7 (their cable location) and I think they call themself "NBC7". It sounds like DirecTv used channel 7 as the location to put the channel, but Replay used the actual location of the channel, 39.

· Registered
50 Posts
At long last, my showstopper got the 3.0 software last night. I got the local channels on my directv plus dish to work. The only problem is that NBC is listed as channel 39 in the channel guide but comes in as channel 7 on my dish. Who does one talk to to get this fixed? Any of the Replay guys reading this?

One other question, after the update, everything seems much slower. Changing channels seems to take longer, as does scrolling around the menus. Do you have to reboot after the update? I unplugged it this morning but I haven't tried it out yet. Didn't even get a message saying that the software had been updated. What happens to someone who didn't know that there was an upgrade? Suddenly your machine if totally different.

· Registered
50 Posts
If I type 7 and enter, it tunes in the channel correctly from the dish. I just isn't in the channel guide so I can't record off of it (I could do a manual record I suppose). It is technically channel 39 but it comes up on the Directv box and my cable as channel 7. I talked to a customer service guy today who was looking into it.

The replay seems to be back to it's normal speed now that it rebooted. I am not sure what hapened. Channel changing may be a bit slower but not horribly so. It doesn't affect the speed of things when it adds 1000 to the channel set, does it? Now my directv is 0-999 and my cable is 1000-1100. Before it was cable 0-100 and directv 100-1000.

I might have gotten the "you are getting new features" message a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.