·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got a NEC XG 750. turn the power on, the green tube lights up first

for a few seconds, then red and blue light up. About two seconds,

all tubes are shut down and projector in standby mode. After about 10 seconds,

green tube light up and the cycle is repeated again. I checked the the digital display indicator,

it shows error code FC. When green tube is up, I notice some horizotal lines. When all tubes are up,

ther are some words in a rectangle, but they are shown only a couple seconds. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

John

·
Registered
299 Posts
I don't know what the FC code is. The software for control of XG's lists Fd, FA, F8, F9, and 61. Are you sure it is FC?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. It did show error code FC from display indicator on the rear end of the projector. I search the forum about FC. It points to power supply. But, tubes can be lighted up. If power supply has problem, is it possible to turn tubes on?

·
Registered
120 Posts
FC is "+15V source off"

I have the same problem and the seller said that it is the powersupply. I'm getting a new in a few days. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Notice green tube very bright. I found out some ajustments set to extreme

by previous owner. I low down the setting. FC goes away.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doug,

I down loaded service menual this morning. There is a trouble shooting chart. But, I did not find detail information regarding FC. The chart do mention FD for abnormal brightness which give me a hint, because the green is very bright compare to blue and red. I took a look into the knobs in rear end (labeled as Setu|Level|Video/Leve|GND\\...). Some are set to extreme position (extreme clockwise or anticlockwise) . I used flat screwdriver to set them in neutral position. Turn on the power again. Green is up first, about 2-3 seconds, blue and red are up at same time. I don't know if this is normal. But, no more FC. I will get a remote to learn the setup.

This forum is very helpful. I would like to take this chance to thank friends here again.

John

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Doug, hide your location, quickly..;)

Curt

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
What did someone once say? (Doug maybe?)

$1000 if you turn 'em to the right, $1500 if you turn 'em to the left...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think that this would give the phrase, "What color is/are the sky/grass/trees/people/pets in your world?" a whole new meaning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.