AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Start button and then type "event viewer" (no quotes) and then drill your way to media center . Is this what you meant ?

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked through the event logs several times. Problem is there are so many categories & so many entries in each one. And I have yet to find something that is meaningful to me. It's either too simple such as unexpected system shutdown which does not tell me what caused the shutdown. Or the log is too cryptic or complex for me to understand.

The link I referred to displayed a nice clean "Problem signature" which was relatively easy to make sense of. I did a search & it appears that "Problem signature" might only appear at the time of the problem, but that's a presumption. I was hoping "Problem signature" errors would be saved somewhere that I might be able to retrieve but I'm not counting on that. But I thought I'd ask in order to verify one way or the other.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You might want to try a program called who crashed. It may give you a better understanding of what caused the error.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

1 - 4 of 4 Posts