AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting an error from ReplaySchedule.exe in the context of running the Personal Replay Guide web pages. I have duplicated the same error when running ReplaySchedule.exe manually from the cmd prompt.

(I searched the forums and found some people having this problem, but way back in Oct of 2002 - the versions didn't seem current.)

Unexpected memcmp(rs->reserved5_2, lots_of_zeros, sizeof rs->reserved5_2)== 0 guide.c:326

Windows XP Pro

ReplaySchedule.exe vers 116.16 2003/08/21 15:15:44

xmltv.exe vers 0 .5.15.0 (2003.7.7.9)

-- have included a zip file with debug output from ReplaySchedule.exe if that helps anybody.

Thanks a TON for these great tools!

zeros_error_output.zip 1.8046875k . file

Attachments

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Don't worry about these errors too much, I've seen them on several 5.0 software testcases. It's basically saying that some non-zero data is being read from the binary guide dump where a whole bunch of zeros was expected. While this data may actually mean something, it's being ignored now anyway, so should have no impact on the program. This is part of the replayPC code incorporated into replaySchedule, so Lee Thompson (current maintainer of replayPC) may be kind enough to chime in and perhaps explain it better.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It isn't an error...it is a warning....because it still works.

The problem is because you have Received channels and shows. And, received shows have data fields that don't apply for locally recorded shows...but the the structure parser assumes these fields are always empty.

If you count the number of channels and shows under your Received category...you'll find that the number match.

If only somebody had documented this....I wouldn't have done the factory reset thinking that my Replay Guide was corrupt....but it was because I use my 5160 to receive shows...and not my 5040s....

The Dreamer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.