AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBZ, Boston will be airing the HDTV version of "Escape From Alcatraz" this Saturday, November 17, at 1 PM. This movie will air, via local video tape, from WBZ but may also be available at various times and dates on other stations around the country.

Bob Hess

Director, Broadcast Operations/Engineering

WBZ

Boston

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,680 Posts
Thanks, Bob.

We saw it in Detroit last week, on WKBD-DT. It was a good first effort.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Bob,

Is this the Paramount HD 10 package we've been hearing about? Will WBZ be carrying the rest of the movies listed in the package? I watch more WBZ programming than I do the local stations.

Enjoying WBZ in Phoenix ;-)

Al Keown

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Al K
Bob,

Is this the Paramount HD 10 package we've been hearing about? Will WBZ be carrying the rest of the movies listed in the package? I watch more WBZ programming than I do the local stations.

Al Keown
Al,

This is a Paramount movie package. There are many more to follow although I do not have the complete list yet.

Please note that the first two minutes of the movie will air off of the analog tape due to a problem with the digital tape.

Bob

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Al K
Bob,

...I watch more WBZ programming than I do the local stations.

Al Keown
Just wondering Al, how are you able to get WBZ in Phoenix?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Benji

Just wondering Al, how are you able to get WBZ in Phoenix?
I also get WBZ in the New York City area. It is on Expressvu, a Canadian DBS company. Also available is ABC HD from Boston and CBS HD from Seattle. There is one channel that shares all these stations.

I hope Expressvu is aware of this program and selects WBZ on Saturday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Bogney Baux

I hope Expressvu is aware of this program and selects WBZ on Saturday afternoon.
Good point. We will make sure ExpressVu is notified.

Bob

·
Registered
150 Posts
I enjoyed the movie in HD. I would not have known about it if it was not for this forum, and likewise, I would not have watched it if it was not in HD.

Thank you WBZ and Bob Hess.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised with the PQ being it was a local presentation by WBZ. Bob Hess, is there any reason why these movies cannot be presented in DD 5.1 since you have said that WBZ has the capacity to do this? The only reason I would think is the tape that WBZ received from Paramount was in DD2.0. If that is the reason, it is understandable. Also will there be any other local programming originating in 1080i besides the Paramount film series?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The next movie is "King David". This may be shown only on the HD side, probably around the Christmas holiday.

To BEV viewers, we will try to make it happen next time.

Benji, DD2.0 is correct.

I'm sure as the program suppliers make more and more material available in HD, we will air it. Right now, the Paramount package is the only one I am aware of.

Bob

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi Bob :

Just a note to let you know that the picture quality was astounding, with incredible detail even in dimly-lit scenes.

The facial-detail in the warden at the close was the best I've ever seen. Thank you for posting the announcement and keep up the good work ! :)

Steve Longo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.