AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw an ad on ESPN that claimed the Pro Bowl would be on ESPNHD...Is their any confirmation of this? The website says nothing about it and I know there are many logistical problems producing Live programming in HD from Hawaii.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
i'd say the odds are none seeing as they have the nhl all star skills competition on saturday night and a college basketball game on monday night[they only have 2 HD trucks as of now]

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Yeah this is very interesting. I have a nice schedule of HD events that ESPN mailed to DTV customers and it says nothing about the pro bowl. What about it, Ken, any info?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do those 2 trucks include ABC production capability? We already saw with the Sugar Bowl that ABC/ESPN sharing HD prodcution equipment is an option... I guess it helps that they are owned by the same company :)

--Paul

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
the abc truck is separate i believe

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blitzen102
How did they get one to Antarctica?

For what??
I think he's talking about the solar eclipse that Discovery HD did

·
Registered
655 Posts
Kudos to NHK for getting those HDCAM's up to Antarctica. The games in Foxboro, MA were a breeze compared to the temperatures in Antartica. ;)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by blitzen102
How did they get one to Antarctica?

For what??
It funny how a rhetorical question gathers more rhetoric. ;)

Quote:
Kudos to NHK for getting those HDCAM's up to Antarctica.
Isn't it down to Antarctica?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
It will be on ESPNHD but not in HD. Just like most of their programming. This goes back to the many threads about how ESPN confuses/misleads consumers regarding there HD offerings. It's like HBO saying "Inside the NFL" will air tonight on HBOHD. It is a true statement, just not in HD.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dm145
It will be on ESPNHD but not in HD. Just like most of their programming. This goes back to the many threads about how ESPN confuses/misleads consumers regarding there HD offerings. It's like HBO saying "Inside the NFL" will air tonight on HBOHD. It is a true statement, just not in HD.
Yeah, but ESPN doesn't advertise that something will be on ESPN-HD unless it's in HD... At least that's how it's been in the past...

--Paul

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Lost in all this is the fact that the Pro Bowl is the worst all star game of any of the major sports.

Brian

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stickyfingers
Lost in all this is the fact that the Pro Bowl is the worst all star game of any of the major sports.

Brian
Amen, Brian. Although this may the first post of yours I ever agreed with!

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gpflepsen
It funny how a rhetorical question gathers more rhetoric. ;)

Isn't it down to Antarctica?
Isn't it all relative? :D

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
But there are no penguins in the artic, and that was the the whole scientific experiment. Well, we got to see 'em for about two mintues.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.