AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed red lines around the left side of players instantly on most cameras in the ESPN game tonight, including the main camera... I was wondering if this is edge enhancement? On other broadcasts of theirs it's only been there on very few cameras that aren't used so much. Mainly on the SD camera on the right side of the end zones.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaggeto
I noticed red lines around the left side of players instantly on most cameras in the ESPN game tonight, including the main camera... I was wondering if this is edge enhancement? On other broadcasts of theirs it's only been there on very few cameras that aren't used so much. Mainly on the SD camera on the right side of the end zones.
I don't believe what your seeing is EE. EE is more of a white outline around the edges of images. However, this red line issue that I have seen before now and then around white lines looks like to me some kind of convergence issue but not with my HDTV, however some kind of imaging problem sent somewhere along the line from the source.

I do believe for what ever reasons, there is EE being used for HDTV programming, however I have not seen it as much like I used to from much earlier this year. That is a good thing as EE really does not need to be used for any HDTV programming IMHO.

There have been others who have seen this red issue along white lines before. The problem with this search engine is I don't' believe it will search for words with 3 letters or less, so finding these articles have been a problem for me.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I've seen the red issue once. I see a similar blue issues (it isn't my convergence) sometimes when someone is wearing a suit (between the jacket and shirt) and I noticed it on INHD yesterday in an underwater scene.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see color problems occasionaly also, but this is only on ESPN Sunday night football. It seems to be getting worse, and is only on some cameras, so I'm going to have to assume it's the camera, or something that messes with the signal from that camera before it get's to a main place for all cameras.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
upconverted/sideconverted to 1080i. I didn't notice this on any other broadcasts from them like Baseball or Playmakers.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaggeto
upconverted/sideconverted to 1080i. I didn't notice this on any other broadcasts from them like Baseball or Playmakers.
\\

I've seen this ussue pop up on the CBS HD Tennis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.