Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UofL vs. Cincinnati!

And I'm going to miss seeing the game in HD. :(

But, am I not alone in wishing ESPN would offer more games in HD? They run a doubleheader each Tue. night so why not put them both in HD?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
But, am I not alone in wishing ESPN would offer more games in HD? They run a doubleheader each Tue. night so why not put them both in HD?

They need more equipment (another truck and cameras etc.) - and time to test and deploy it.

Patience.

·
Registered
568 Posts
That's not in HD tonight is it? Are you sad that they're not playing it in HD, or that they're playing it in HD and you're missing out on it. o_O

It says [email protected] on the ESPN-HD Schedule..

But we have Marquette @ Louisville to look forward to on 1/31 - in HD. :)

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stovetop
That's not in HD tonight is it? Are you sad that they're not playing it in HD, or that they're playing it in HD and you're missing out on it. o_O

good decision with Duke/Maryland

they have had some of the greatest battles in recent years!!!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by alpha21
good decision with Duke/Maryland

they have had some of the greatest battles in recent years!!!
Normally, I'd agree, but Maryland isn't even ranked.

Cincy is No. 5 and Louisville No. 6 in one poll and their rankings are reversed in the other. It's no surprise though, considering the tremendous ACC bias that ESPN - especially Vitale - shows every season. That's not a knock on the ACC, but sometimes it's as if no other conferences exist when you listen to Dickie V.

Go Cards! Give Huggy Bear a coronary tonight.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs

Cincy is No. 5 and Louisville No. 6 in one poll and their rankings are reversed in the other. It's no surprise though, considering the tremendous ACC bias that ESPN - especially Vitale - shows every season. That's not a knock on the ACC, but sometimes it's as if no other conferences exist when you listen to Dickie V.

polls, smolls

they are bias, because the ACC is a powerhouse every year!

Is Louisville going to the BigEast next year?

If so, they will become a bias team too, because ESPN is also bias towards the BigEast

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally posted by stovetop

Well, H-E-double hockey sticks. :(

I could have sworn that when I checked it the other day it had the UofL/Cincy game as the HD game tonight.

Ok, I don't feel so bad, then.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Don S
Yes, as is Cincy.
Nope...not until '05-'06. Some $ issues held it up. Only teams moving next year are Miami and VT. Everyone else is waiting 1 more year.

As a 'Cuse fan, I can't wait! The Big East is going to be a crazy basketball conference!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs

Well, if you watched the Duke-Maryland game tonite, then you know ESPN made the right decision. That was a great game. I hate Dicky V, but he's right there is no better conference for basketball other than the ACC ;-)

I'm a GT alum, so of course I'm ACC biased too. Go Yellow Jackets!!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't start planning your calendar around the CUSA Tourney finals just yet, because Charlotte will spank both Cincy and Louisville your last two seasons in the conference.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally posted by mcowher
Don't start planning your calendar around the CUSA Tourney finals just yet, because Charlotte will spank both Cincy and Louisville your last two seasons in the conference.
Might want to consider upping that dosage. ;)

Charlotte has looked rather good this year but the Dunkel Index has them rather far down:

http://www.dunkelindex.com/NCAARankings.html

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael St. Clair
That is tasteless. I'm embarassed for you.

My congrats to Louisville, good game.

Aww, come on now. I love Huggins, but he'll always be one step away from another heart attack unless he tones it down. It was a joke man. I obviously don't want to see his heart explode again.

I think Louisville made it rather clear that they are cream of the C-USA crop. Charlotte is good, fun to watch and they may upset the Cards at some point this season, but they are not the better team.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mcowher
Remember what UAB did in the ConfUSA Tourney??

·
Registered
568 Posts
Jerry, did you not get a PVR box from Insight? You could just record the game if you're going to miss it on the 31st. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the new Motorola box yesterday (moved to the new apt.)

I LOVE it! Have the SD programming output at 480p so I can bypass the problem with the set's failure on 480i input and I also no longer have to swap cables in the back of the TV when I switch from SD to HD :D

As for the game on the 31st, I'll be watching! Just hope Diener's back (from that whiplash he got the other night when the guy jumped in the air and landed on Diener's neck!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.