AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Appologies to Ken H for starting this thread pre-emptively.

Tonight marks the first NHL HD game on ESPN. Should be interesting to see how it turns out (both in presentation and how badly the Devils get embarrased ;))

Post comments on tonights game here.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Probably a B/C+ for presentation. I don't expect much of a drop off from their usual production quality. Too bad I won't be able to see the HD broadcast.

(trash talk on)

But the Lightning can't solve Brodeur..I mean c'mon.

even his wife can't stop him....and she's trying!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=39225&hubName=

(trash talk off)

·
Registered
469 Posts
ESPN is really rubbing the HD channel in on the regular broadcast. They really didn't have to split the screen during the intermission interview with half the screen being Modin and half being the ESPNHD logo on an HD Monitor!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
well did anyone actually see the game on ESPN HD? I am so pissed at this.

next game is tomorrow and then they won't be doing another HD game until mid May.

what sucks is that if Cablevision had the HD as an offering in CT I'd be able to see the Devil home games in HD on the Fox channel. (available on all the other CV systems in the NYC area except for Fairfield County CT)

double whammy for me.

Actually a triple whammy, ABC telecast NHL playoff games every saturday but not in HD until the Finals.

This really sucks!!!!!!

for me ESPN HD will be a non factor until the fall if I can't get it until after May.

·
Registered
164 Posts
At least they are promoting it. Probably so people will call their cable / satellite providers and complain!

I get it Mat 15th, I'll miss the Conference Finals game 3, but just in time for game 4!

- John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.