Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dish 6000 receiver with 8vsb and 8psk modules

Mitsubishi 65903 (1080i)

HD looks great on every channel (Dish or OTA) EXCEPT ...

ABC and ESPN

With those 2, I have to use the * on the remote to go to FULL ZOOM to get a decent picture. If I leave them on NORMAL, there are small horizontal lines on the right of everything. Like a shadow except only white lines.

I called Dish support and they said there was an issue with ESPN. I don't believe them.

My gut tells me that it has something to do with the way the receiver or the TV is handling upconversion of the 720P

Please help !!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
???

Just move it left or right and that will fix it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool ... I will try it tonight and let you know in the AM ...

Will this affect any other channels?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the EXACT same problem with my Dish/ ESPN HD. Looks great on every channel but ESPN HD. Mine looks like a 3D movie being watched without the glasses.

Dish told me the same thing that it is an issue on there end. I am wondering if that is true because it doesn't seem like all Dish users are having this problem.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, Bogney Baux said to try to move it L/R in the HD adjustment menu ... I will try that and we shall see

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox
I have the EXACT same problem with my Dish/ ESPN HD. Looks great on every channel but ESPN HD. Mine looks like a 3D movie being watched without the glasses.

Dish told me the same thing that it is an issue on there end. I am wondering if that is true because it doesn't seem like all Dish users are having this problem.
It's definitely the Adjust problem. Not everyone see's it because some units were adjusted ok from the factory.

It's been a known issue for years on the 720p---> 1080i conversion because it showed up way back when guys first started using the OTA module to tune to ABC 720p OTA stations. If a person just bought a 6000 that was out of adjustment (or they had a 6000 for a long time but didnt have an OTA 720p station) they'd be seeing the problem for the first time because it's the first 720p station available over E*.

Just make the adjustment (Menu 6,1,9) and you'll be fine. It wont affect any other channels nor any calibrations on your tv itself.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DP1
It wont affect any other channels nor any calibrations on your tv itself.
I thought it would slightly affect the centering of all channels including the non 720p ones.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hooked up my SatC last week and signed up for the DirecTV HD package.

I've got the Hitachi 57S500 with the Zenith HD520 receiver and an Onkyo home theater setup.

The Bills/Dolphins game last night on ESPN-HD was awesome!

Everything was extremely crisp and clear!!

The only thing that sucked was the outcome!! Damn, I hate the Dolphins!!

GO BILLS!!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
When I switch my 6000 to 720P I get a green line down the right hand side. Adjusting it takes it out. Since my projector is XGA, I usually leave it in 720P all the time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help guys ... Adjusted the picture to the right a few ticks and it looks great now

Other channels seem unaffected :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.