AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wide angle shots (such as when the ball is snapped usually) are a little blurry, almost out of focus. However, when close up, the picture is glorious. The same wide angle shots on HDNet and CBS are significantly clearer. I am projecting using a Sony HT10.

I guess I am just wondering if I need to do something to my receiver and/or projector, noting this is 720p, not 1080i, or is this just what I should expect from ESPN-HD

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RJS
The wide angle shots (such as when the ball is snapped usually) are a little blurry, almost out of focus. However, when close up, the picture is glorious.
If you look carefully, you'll notice that this is true in all forms of photography. You always see more detail in an object on closeup shots than in wide shots. This is true with motion picture film photography, SD and HD video and film and digital still photography.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have Dish and since it was activated it has been REALLY bad. Mine looks like you are watching a 3D movie without the glasses! I called Dish today and was told there is a problem between Dish and ESPN.

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
You may also be seeing some background chroma spread from the camera lens (forget the exact terminology) ... I've noticed this on quite a few HD programs, and it drives me crazy. Every time, I recheck the convergence on my set, only to find its ok.

HDC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.