Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent this yesterday to Mr Burns The VP of marketing at ESPN

Dear Bryan,

I wanted to know why you have not come to an agreement with Time Warner Cable on adding ESPN-HD. I found out that the hold up was a charge per customer. I am very frustrated that you have not gotten the deal done. I have called the Time Warner and they said that is was in your corner. I just want ESPN-HD and I do not want to get a dish. I have waited for the addition for ESPN on Time Warner Cable since the start of ESPN-HD. Please e-mail me back with information on the carriage of the channel on Time Warner. There a many frustrated Time Warner Cable and Espn subscribers.

Josh Clevenger

I got this response from Mr Burns

We hope to come to an agreement with Time Warner soon. We have already signed contracts with the multichannel video providers which cover over 70 per cent of the nation's subscribers, all of which are compensating ESPN for this new service. Included are Comcast, Cox, Insight and other major cable operators in addition to DIRECTV and DISH Network. I hope for both you and for us that Time Warner will soon join the list of operators which have signed up for ESPN HD.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thank you very much for posting this contact information. As I've posted elsewhere, I have very big concerns about TWC's commitment (i) its customers and (ii) high definition programming.

I live in a New York City apartment that is not wired for RCN and I face north/east, so a satellite is out of the question. Moving is not an option. So, I'm stuck with TWC and find it unreasonable to continue to pay them $120 a month and yet NEVER be able to speak with a knowledgeable representative about equipment options and HDTV programming.

Hopefully I will get some sort of response from Glenn Britt.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will get a response from his assistant and hopefully we can get the word out to the TWC subscribers that have hd and we can voice our concerns and someone will listen and get something done. I would send an e-mail to [email protected] Glen Britts assistant. Please tell everyone you know about this forum and we can start the e-mails to both companies and get something done. Thanks

Josh

·
Registered
34 Posts
I sent Tami an e-mail indicating without more HD channels in their lineup I don't see a need for their upcoming HD DVR. Hope it gives them an incentive to expand HD programming.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the e-mail address to Bryan Burns, VP of Marketing at espn. I e-mailed him and he responded back. [email protected] Let's get this train rolling on adding ESPN-HD to time warner. This is ridiculous that the deal had not gotten done yet.

Josh

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got same reply..... TWC & ESPN are in talks now....and hopefully resolution will be forthcoming

I am sure they are in talks and have been for a while. Are these talks once a month? We know they will get it eventually, but will that be after everyone has it, next spring when the only thing on TV is baseball? In about a month, we will have NFL, NHL, College Football, and Basketball, also NBA if anyone still watches....

This time of year, is the best time of year, and almost every night there is a worthwhile game on. My bet is we won't have it until baseball season next year.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wish they reached an agreement at least on the a la carte issue. Time Warner has a fundamentally strong case for not paying extra for the HD version of the same programming. During the DirecTV/ESPN debate in the summer we also saw that even members of this forum is divided on this. Having said that, sports fans should have a choice to pay for this channel on an ala carte basis. If someone does not mind to pay for an HD program, why should the cable company be standing in his way?

Better yet, maybe the entire ESPN should be offered on an a la carte basis. This way, non - sports public out there would not be forced to subsidize the sports programming.

FredB

·
Premium Member
1,932 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sspector
I sent Tami an e-mail indicating without more HD channels in their lineup I don't see a need for their upcoming HD DVR. Hope it gives them an incentive to expand HD programming.
Am I hearing this right? TWC is coming out with an HD DVR? That is awesome.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by breedingamies
Am I hearing this right? TWC is coming out with an HD DVR? That is awesome.

For what, if no one is left.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Quote:
TWC is coming out with an HD DVR? That is awesome.
I heard that they are negotiating with Tivo to do the software.

I don't know if I heard right, but I heard.

--

Chris

·
Registered
629 Posts
I don't think TWC is going with a TiVo for HD - they are using a HD version of the SA8000, which I have. I actually like it better than TiVo, because the video and sound are better, and you can record two things at once.

David

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.