AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave Strader and Brian Engblom said last night, talking about an upcoming game that will be televised on ESPN HD, "if you have access to a high definition television, be sure to check out hockey in HD. I just got a chance to see it and it's amazing." I sure would like to see it, but I don't work for ESPN, so I can't!

One funny note, Strader said "High definition will let you count all the hairs on Darren Pang's head!"

·
Registered
28 Posts
Funny...I heard that too, but I must has had a ringing in my ears because I missed the part when they said if you have Direct or Dish you are SOL. Or Cablevision. Or Time Warner, etc. etc.:D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Steve Levy was talking about ESPN-HD during the Avs vs. Wild series, they were raving about how awesome hockey looks in HD. They've been pushing it hard in programming since the launch.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,643 Posts
Similar comment last night on TNT (Suns vs. Spurs) about the game NBA HDTV tomorrow.

The cat is out of the bag.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I liked the part when they were telling you too bring a lawn chair to your local electronics store to watch the game, I think I would if they would have it!!!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
The cat is out of the bag.
While the above is true, it is unfortunate that people will call their service provider and hear the following, "We don't release any information until it is officially released. But, it should be coming soon."

DEFINE SOON!!!

or

"We're in negotiations."

or

"It launched March 30 and should be available. OOPS, it's not on the program guide...(refer to response #1)"

or

"Keep those suckers on the hook as long as possible!!!"...oh wait that was the inside information from the board meeting. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would count the hairs on Darren Pang it's easy there are none! Just like the HD picture I get from ESPN-HD ......THERE IS NO PICTURE in HD cause I don't get it yet on Comcast........

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
They were talking about HD alot during tonight's NJ/Tampa Bay game. At one point a goal was scored that the refs didn't catch and one of the announcers made a cooment about how good it looked in HD.

Anyone else notice the widescreen TV behind the announcers that was playing ESPN-HD?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I thought the ESPN announcers oversold the ESPN-HD thing.

They seemed to bring it up whenever they could.

I did see the widescreen behind them. ESPN did the same thing on Sunday Night Baseball the other day.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I don't think it's overselling at all. It's GREAT marketing. They are putting pressure on D* and E* (plus all the cable companies) in the best way possible. I'm sure they are being flooded with phone calls.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I thought the best part was the interview between the first and second period when they split the screen between Modin and the widescreen tv showing the ESPN HD Logo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.