AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been watching a lot of ESPN3 and loving the new service, especially soccer (English Premiere League, etc). I had previously watched stuff on the computer, but it's so much nicer on the big screen.

One thing I'd definitely like to see: a "start from beginning" option when starting a live event after it's already in progress. For now, I squint my eyes and hit rewind x128, then look away. This is not ideal!

What is everyone else watching on ESPN3, and what features would you like to see?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Agree with you on the live shows about being able to start from the beginning.

Been watching some college football and poker on there. Like being able to setup my sports and get to just them, although it would be nice if you could access that from the first screen.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Agree, I only have it set up to follow NCAA football, basketball, and MLB for my wife, I don't want to see all the other junk.

Loving being able to see the games I missed this past weekend, the service is great! I do wish they'd add a few more options for motorsports, I don't want to watch drag racing. F1, MotoGP, Indy, Rolex Sports Cars, etc. Although I'm sure the next thing they'd add would be NASCRAP.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Yeah, that's really annoying. I understand it in the live shows, but watching old stuff it should be gone.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I have Comcast and its PQ is great.

By the way, ESPN3 is" free" from most service providers, its subscription fee is part of your internet fee.

Its like the ESPN carriage fee through cable, satellite or broadband.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime
I wish they could remove the segments where commercials used to be. It sucks to see a static page saying that the program will resume shortly. the only option is to fast forward the video to skip past it.
It's too bad they just don't keep going during commercial breaks.

Speed had some on demand channel on Time Warner for a while a few years ago. And when they'd put something like a IROC race or a Craftsman Truck series race up, you could listen to the conversation the announcers were having during the commercial breaks since Speed or Time Warner were too lazy/careless to edit it properly. And the video would be the camera view they had on before going to the commercial break.

Was interesting listening to things that were never intended to be broadcast by the commentary team.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Litigator /forum/post/19565073

needs more hockey!

plenty of Russian League hockey!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Agreed.... more NHL!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtiebird /forum/post/19564339

Hey all,

I've been watching a lot of ESPN3 and loving the new service, especially soccer (English Premiere League, etc). I had previously watched stuff on the computer, but it's so much nicer on the big screen.

One thing I'd definitely like to see: a "start from beginning" option when starting a live event after it's already in progress. For now, I squint my eyes and hit rewind x128, then look away. This is not ideal!

What is everyone else watching on ESPN3, and what features would you like to see?

I swear there is a start from beginning button during live events. I use my espn3 to watch my Louisville basketball/football games here in Big 10 country.

·
Registered
488 Posts
MLB.tv was available on the ps3 last year..I hope it is available on the 360 now or at least the espn games

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Litigator
MLB.tv was available on the ps3 last year..I hope it is available on the 360 now or at least the espn games
I'd really like to see MLB.tv on the 360. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I love this. I watched the World Cup on my laptop via ESPN3 (nee ESPN360), and now I can watch this same stuff on my HDTV (without fussing about to get my laptop display on my TV)? Score! I just wish I had a faster internet connection. 1.5Mbps down makes for pretty crappy quality (with the occasional de-sync). It's watchable, especially if I cut off other network traffic, but I certainly wouldn't pay extra at this speed.

Thankfully, after I move this winter that problem should go away.

I concur that the blank commercial breaks in the on-demand stuff is pretty ridiculous. It would also be nice to start from the beginning during a live event, since that's my normal mode of operations for watching sporting events (let it queue up a bit and then start in so I can skip the commercials).

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
I have watched college basketball on it. My local team has been on there a couple of times. I started watching Mayne Street which I never paid attention to before. I like MMA live so I will watch MMA Live which isn't something I would normally watch.

·
Registered
565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Litigator /forum/post/19565073

needs more hockey!

ESPN doesn't carry the NHL, which is why its not on there. Only stuff that ESPN or its affiliates broadcast can get pushed to ESPN3.

I wish I could tell it what TEAMS I am interested in. As a graduate of the University of Connecticut living in Chicago, I don't want to scan through pages and pages of men's basketball games just to find the UConn one I want to watch. UConn should just come up as a prompt per my favorites settings.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtiebird /forum/post/19564339

when you are picking your event to watch look at the bottom of the screen, A is to start event X is to restart from the beginning

I knew they already had it, just had to look at what button it was.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.