AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't mention I am watching on E*. Looks pretty good. This is only the 3rd game I have watch in HD. It will be great to compare it to CBS, when they start their HD games.

·
Registered
63 Posts
looks fantastic on D* -

·
Registered
631 Posts
Watching on echostar... the grass does look like its "moving". This is the first espn nfl game i'm watching in my HT, last year it was on a 27" crt.

I dont know whether its always been like that or it is due to echostars recent bandwidth reduction on espn-hd....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinivey
Looks like normal ESPN-HD via cable. Good, but nothing spectacular.
Agreed, minus the cable of course. Good but not great. The closeups look good, but as the shot pans farther out it does not look clear. Seems like the focus is off or something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
watching through comcast

huddle, setting up at the line and sideline shots look great. once they switch to the whole feild at the snap, the quality gets worse. hopefully this is something that will and can be straigthened out before the regular season starts.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman23
Looking good through Comcast. I gotta admit, Football in HD is better than Baseball.
Is that because you like football more than baseball or because HD baseball is inherently worse than HD football, and if so, why?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhyska
Agreed, minus the cable of course. Good but not great. The closeups look good, but as the shot pans farther out it does not look clear. Seems like the focus is off or something.
I agree, looks good but not "stunning". One thing that's nice, though, are the HD shots from the blimp and other "city" views. That's a nice improvement; IIRC all the blimp shots I saw last year were SD.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G
Is that because you like football more than baseball or because HD baseball is inherently worse than HD football, and if so, why?
It's because HD Baseball just isn't as good as HD football, since there's way more action and a way bigger necessity for a wider screen than baseball. I actually like baseball a lot more.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
looks BAD compared to the baseball game on INHD. :x

·
Registered
423 Posts
Agree with Sank, it looks good, but doesn't look as clear when they are showing the whole field, possibly a 720p thing, I don't know, but the closeups look great as usual. No swimming here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolowar
I didn't mention I am watching on E*. Looks pretty good. This is only the 3rd game I have watch in HD. It will be great to compare it to CBS, when they start their HD games.
They're doing a game this Friday night, just a reminder

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.