AVS Forum banner
  • If you've ever wanted to ask questions on industry standards when setting up your home theater, you're in luck! Peter Aylett, 30 year integrator and partner at HTE Acoustic Interior Design will be answering questions until Sun. Nov. 28th! The thread is now open, and you can join in here!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My ETC measurements show some early reflections that need to be treated. I confirmed the location by using the blocking method with a temp. 4" OC 703 panel. Now the question is how thick the panel needs to effectively treat the reflections. The goal being -20db in the first 20ms. There's conflicting information about the thickness of material needed to treat early reflections (4 inch vs 1 or 2 inch).

Below are the ETC graphs with and without the temp acoustic panel. I also took some band limited measurements to determine what frequencies were involved.

ETC full/limited band comparison (freq. range and db reduction of 5.5ms ceiling reflection) with and without 4" temporary acoustic panel.
20-20khz -8.2db posted below
1k-2khz -11.5db
500-1khz -4db
20-500hz +1.2db

Based on the measurements above the 4" panel of OC703 provided no benefit below 500hz. What would be the justification of using a 4" panel in this situation?

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.