AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with etronics.com? I am considering buying a 37" retail package panny from them. I would like to know if anyone has had any particualar issues in dealing with them? Thier price ont the retail package is competative with the commercial version from other stores. seems worth it considering the in-home service warrenty and stand.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
698 Posts
I bought a pronto remote from them, no problems.I think they're a pretty big outfit based in L.A. bm

·
Registered
66 Posts
orered a sony DVD player. They were honest and said they were "on order" and would arrive either the coming Friday or the following Friday. I was in no hurry and said OK, fully expecting the 2nd Friday would be the earliest it would ship. Wrong--they shipped the first Friday and by 2nd day air at no additional charge. A pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I had an absolutely awful experience with them which wound up taking two months to resolve for a $20.38 transaction. They kept saying that their supplier would get in touch with me, never did. I finally started keeping track of the dates and times I called them and took down specific extensions of reps. Finally got a rep that helped me out and figured out what had happened. I would NEVER do business with them again. Just my experience.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chimmy
Bought a panny a month ago. Arrived broken. I am still dealing with it, hopefully resolved in a week or two.

Resolved in a week or two??? Maybe it's just me, but when I pay $3500+ for an item, I'd expect pretty timely service. I can't imagine what sort of circumstances would keep something like an exchange delayed for so long unless you dropped the ball somewhere, anything else would make the situation intolerable.

Bizrate.com seems to give them pretty good ratings though, I'd suggest checking there.

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide...,range--0.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
They are making me wait for the shipper to finish their determination of fault. I'm getting fustrated now though, I'm going to call Tuesday and ask for my $ back immediatly. I ordered over a month ago now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Recently bought a Denon 4802 from them with a Philips 5 year warranty. No problems.

I believe they are out of New York with a shipping point from New Jersey.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Hmm, looks like the are good, until you have a problem, and then not so great. Yikes! Keeping my fingers crossed on that CP72.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all.

Based on all the responses, it seems like it is not worth the risk of buying from them.

As it turns out, I found a B&M store locally that came in about $200 more than e-tronics and no tax (Delaware has no sales tax). I will just get Amex to match the price for me using their best price guarantee program.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Philadelphia

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.