AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of a 36" widescreen TV (non-projection, if poss)that can accept progressive inputs (component or RGB - NTSC & PAL)?

If so, do they always use sync on green or are any available with seperate H&V sync or composite sync?

I really want a set that can do 720P at 50/60Hz if poss.

Thanks in anticipation.

Nick

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nick,

You should probably post this in the HDTV Hardware forum as you might get a better response, as its mainly CRT projectors in here :)

I do have an answer for you though. Sony in the UK are exporting to Australia the KVEH36M31 36" 16:9 HDTV set that does what you want: 720P at 50/60hz. It also displays 1080i at 50/60hz and progressive PAL and NTSC DVD as well. I don't think this TV is sold in the UK, but you can always knock on Sonys door and ask for one I guess.

Its only downfall is that it only has one component input for anything above an interlaced signal, but this isn't an issue if you use a high-end receiver or similar to switch component signals.

Details are here at Sony Australia.

Select Television>>Trinitron Television then the model.

Paul

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul,

You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

I'll mail Sony UK. You're sure that Sony UK ship this product to Sony Aus? Is your broadcast standard PAL in Aus (and the same spectrum?). I couldn't find that model number when I searched Sony UK's site.

BTW, my reasoning for using this forum was (a) it said CRT TV's in the main menu and (B) I figured most people on the HDTV forum wouldn't be interested in PAL. I'll try it anyway.

Many thanks for your help!

·
Registered
115 Posts
The TV is definitely made in the UK at the Sony factory there. The box that comes with the TV even has official "Royal family" logos and such on it.

The broadcast standard is PAL here. We do use a different spectrum, however the TV may have a multi-system tuner. If you email Sony in the UK and quote the AUS model number you should be OK.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Paul,

Thanks for this exciting new lead for all of us stuck in low-def Europe!

Nick,

If you hear of anything about this from Sony, thanks for keeping the rest of us posted. I'm already thinking of where to put mine. ;)

Cheers,

·
Registered
99 Posts
*cough* No ideas at all? In theory this forum is supposed to cover direct view TVs, and surely some of the people here are outside the US!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.