AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The movie Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris doesn't seem to be available on DVD in the US. I found it online in the UK, but before I buy it can anyone tell me if it will play in US DVD players? I don't know much about Region coding and whether or not European DVDs are PAL vs NTSC etc. or if that is a function of the player not the disk.

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMenke /forum/post/15515498

The movie Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris doesn't seem to be available on DVD in the US. I found it online in the UK, but before I buy it can anyone tell me if it will play in US DVD players? I don't know much about Region coding and whether or not European DVDs are PAL vs NTSC etc. or if that is a function of the player not the disk.

European discs are PAL, North American discs are NTSC. You'll need a player that can accept a PAL disc and be made multi-region.

If your display does not accept a PAL signal (which can be hard to find out in the US), make sure the player also does PAL->NTSC conversion.

Search this forum for "PAL" and you'll find recommendations.

-Bill

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have an Oppo 971H that supposedly plays PAL and NTSC, so I will go over to the player forum and find out if anyone has used that feature successfully.

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMenke /forum/post/15515659

Thanks, I have an Oppo 971H that supposedly plays PAL and NTSC, so I will go over to the player forum and find out if anyone has used that feature successfully.

The 971 will work fine. There is a code you enter with the remote to make it region-free, then you are set to go.

-Bill

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcclain /forum/post/15515675

The 971 will work fine. There is a code you enter with the remote to make it region-free, then you are set to go.

-Bill
This may help.

BTW, I have a couple of OPPOs (971H and a DV 981HD). I buy DVDs from all over the world and every disc has played in both DVD players without any problems at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts