AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we all agree that you have to feed the same sources and have the same screen and environment to effectively determine which projector that you may prefer.

I contend that in addition one must have the remote to all tested units so he can calibrate them to his specific taste or to a set standard. IT is very difficult without cpmplete control over the entire set-up to truly evaluate a plethora of projectors. In addition we would probably agree that multiple sources at multiple scan rates would have to be tested as well as some shine were others don't...of course best bet is to set it up in a fashion that it would most likely be used in your environment...therein lies the difficulty.....

REgards.

JOhn

·
Registered
873 Posts
we all agree that you have to feed the same sources and have the same screen and environment to effectively determine which projector that you may prefer.

I disagree.

Each set up should be optimized, and then each set up compared to one another.

Its simply not the case that a since screen/source/config is best for all projectors.

I'm betting that a Subaru Outback performs better on an icy dirt road than a 911 turbo . . . .

In other words, comparisons are hard, and don't lend themselves to ABX tests all the time. Sure it makes sense logically, but its not practical in a situation like this.

Kelly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.