AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my current plan right now. I'm planning to buy 2 Paradigm Mini-Monitors listed here: http://www.paradigm.com/Website/Site...nitorSpecs.htm

For the Subwoofer, I'm thinking of the PS-1000: http://www.paradigm.com/Website/Site...ries_Specs.htm

For the Receiver, I'm thinking of the Panasonic XR-55. This will all be connected to my computer as audio speakers. My room size is 216 inches x 152 inches. Is this setup overkill by any means for a room of my size? I'm planning to use this for everything that I'll be doing on the computer (i.e. listening to music, watch movies, trailers, games).

Late next year, I'll get 3 more speakers from the Paradigm Monitor series to complete the package so I'll get 5.1 surround sound. Is this a good move by me? Thank you.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It's hard to know what to say. Starting with 2.1 certainly makes sense. I'd rather see you get good mains rather than lousy 5.1. The specific choice of components tends to be personal taste. I like Paradigm speakers, though I'm higher in their product line. I don't know the Panasonic.

I don't think it's overkill. If you like good music it's perfectly sensible to use a high quality system with a computer. In my setup my speakers are just about 3 feet from me. If you're in that situation, make sure you listen to the speakers at the same distance. Speakers often sound different up close.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
nice setup, but what other brands can you audition in your area? try listening to as many as possible.

and yes, its a good move , taking things step by step.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedrick
It's hard to know what to say. Starting with 2.1 certainly makes sense. I'd rather see you get good mains rather than lousy 5.1. The specific choice of components tends to be personal taste. I like Paradigm speakers, though I'm higher in their product line. I don't know the Panasonic.

I don't think it's overkill. If you like good music it's perfectly sensible to use a high quality system with a computer. In my setup my speakers are just about 3 feet from me. If you're in that situation, make sure you listen to the speakers at the same distance. Speakers often sound different up close.
My room is 216x152 inches. Is that too small for such speakers? I'm considering BW, but I'm not quite sure if they're available in Vancouver, Canada. Another thing I don't like about the Paradigm Monitor series is that it doesn't come in black :(

·
Registered
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
My room is 216x152 inches. Is that too small for such speakers? I'm considering BW, but I'm not quite sure if they're available in Vancouver, Canada. Another thing I don't like about the Paradigm Monitor series is that it doesn't come in black :(
Last pair of Paradigm Monitors as well as the Studio series I bought were black,if your dealer won't order them in black for you find another dealer.

Another vote for the Paradigms! I started with Mini-mons and moved up to Studios now, but enjoyed the Minis when I had them. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.