AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While some of the folks at the BBC might claim that HD would bring little improvement over SD offerings to their viewers and most wouldn't be able to tell the difference, my cat clearly can tell the difference.

I was watching Discovery HD's Toronto: Urban Wild on ExpressVu the other morning. My fourteen year old cat, seated beside me, caught a glimpse of the sequence with the ground squirrels. She immediately stood up and stared at the screen for a moment, then jumped over the coffee table landing in front of the set. She followed the action back and forth on the screen for a few seconds then stood on her hind legs taking swats at the screen. When the squirrel exited screen left she then jumped on the cabinet holding the set and went behind the set. Not finding the squirrel behind the set, she jumped up on top of the set before she gave up. I think my cat sees things a bit more clearly than the chaps at the BBC.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Back when Unity Motion first started up, there was almost nothing to watch in HD other than their alternating two movies and their demo loop. So we watched their demo loop over and over again. There was one segment featuring a winter scene with gorgeous close-ups of a bird (I forget the kind). It's too bad UM failed, because the quality of their transmissions (for HD material) was unsurpassed. Well, my cats would attack the screen trying to get that bird. I'm lucky they didn't scratch it. If they were in a different part of the house and heard the sounds of the bird, they'd come running and again try to get that bird. When the bird segment ended, they'd go looking all around the set trying to find that elusive bird. They never reacted quite that strongly with any SD nature material I'd watch.

·
Registered
313 Posts
My dog likes to watch the Dish Demo with all the birds at the beach. Cats and Dogs on HBO is a good one too. She runs to the side of the RPTV to try to find a way to get into the TV and get the animals inside. (She is also well trained to answer the door every time the doorbell rings on TV. The worst is those stupid Domino's Pizza commercials)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.