AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened with "West Side Story." I had to sing many of the songs for talent night in elementary school. Loved the songs so much that I purchased the movie when I finally got my first VHS player. Had no idea what the story was about till then.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 /forum/post/20881943

Happened with "West Side Story." I had to sing many of the songs for talent night in elementary school. Loved the songs so much that I purchased the movie when I finally got my first VHS player. Had no idea what the story was about till then.

You mean the movie where what we're supposed to believe are hardened, dangerous street gangbangers are flitting about like a bunch of Najinsky's?

Anyway, nope - don't recall that I ever have.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski /forum/post/20882341

You mean the movie where what we're supposed to believe are hardened, dangerous street gangbangers are flitting about like a bunch of Najinsky's?

Anyway, nope - don't recall that I ever have.

Ram...you make me laugh.

·
Registered
17,223 Posts
Unless the movie is one that I would've wanted to watch otherwise, I couldn't do it just for the music.

In that case, I'll listen to the soundtrack CD instead, or the music separately some other way, if I feel it's worth hearing.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts
I have to say I have never purchased a movie for the music alone; that's what God made CDs for.

Of course, music is always a VERY important part of a movie (trying watching one without it
).

There has been so many films with unforgettable music...an endless list, really.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
On the other hand, the wife bought a movie that the music made me want to put the DVD under a steamroller..."Mamma Mia." Pierce Bronson singing was painful to listen to. I think he missed every other note.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.