AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the searching and reading, we all know that green glue doesn't do much to low frequency effects.

So why is everyone recommending to use it in the stage? What could it do? If it can't dampen the really low frequencies?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I personally haven't seen too much about using GG for the stage but my guess would be for the same reason to use roofing felt / foam on a roll / etc - it helps reduce vibration of the stage and reduce vibration between the stage and the floor.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I believe the FQ response depends on how thick it is. If you apply even thin streams it's better for upper, thick is better for lower. I believe Dennis has suggested both over the years. It was felt before GG came out.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I have not seen it recommended for the stage. what are these posts you are referring to where "everyone" is recommending it for that purpose?

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
H2G, I'm not sure about your point. Green Glue is quite effective is isolating frequencies below 125 Hz when used in proper construction.

Check out the data that we have on our site if you care to. Specifically, look at the performance below 125 Hz.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted White /forum/post/0

H2G, I'm not sure about your point. Green Glue is quite effective is isolating frequencies below 125 Hz when used in proper construction.

Check out the data that we have on our site if you care to. Specifically, look at the performance below 125 Hz.

Oops sorry, I mean below what is shown on the STC ratings (under 80 hz right?).

So Ted / Brian / Dennis, what would be the advantage of using Green Glue on the stage as opposed to not having any?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCall /forum/post/0

I have not seen it recommended for the stage. what are these posts you are referring to where "everyone" is recommending it for that purpose?

Have a look at this

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=706036

See post #5 by Dennis

"Rigid mass. Cheat on the sand, you cheat on the mass and cheat yourself.

Use Green Glue between the layers."

I'm just trying to understand if it's worth it and what Green Glue will do on the stage?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.