AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to get some digicam shots of what I am talking about here but they didn't come out good at all and I am sure some of you have seen this before. I have an NEC VT540 which has a pretty darn good picture. However, when displaying a computer image (HTPC) I have noticed that toward the bottom and to the right of the image the blue pixels are off center a bit. They are pretty close to center in the center of the image and on top they are very good. I have tried adjusting the angle of the projector and this yields very little improvement in all directions. It appears the panel might be off just slightly. Is this common? I am sure this is effecting my image somewhat but I am not sure to what degree. For all I know it could be helping with pixelization because I don't see much of it at all. Have others seen the phenomenon before? Should it be considered defective or just something which should be expected?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Panel misalignment is an automatic warranty replacement. Do it now and get their loaner as it'll take a while for "perfect" panel replacement (it may take more than one set of panels as "new" panels often have pixel defect. It will be only noticeable on text and computer imaging, but since you paid 3K+ for your VT540 don't you want perfection? Call NEC their service is very very good with 36 hour loaner turnaround. They'll also offer new replacement if unit is less than 30D old or refurb. (with new bulb) replacement if over 30D old. Remaining warranty time should be the same. If yours is new then get it fixed, if it's older then get replacement with refurb. Ask them to check for dead pixels before sending refurb. to you.

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.