AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced problems with waking their HTPC from sleep with an EVGA (nVida) GT 430 card running the 260.99 drivers?

I have my PC connected to a Vizio TV at 1920x1080 via HMDI. Powering on boots fine and overall performance in xbmc is fine. However, when I put the PC into standby, 4 out of 5 times video won't come back. The PC is pingable and I can even put it back into sleep mode with the remote.

The weird problem is that I had an HSI HD 5570 card which came out of sleep mode every time. I changed cards due some spurious graphics corruption though.

I didn't see any options in the nVidia control panel that would affect this issue, so I'm looking for kindred spirits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I tried an EDID override (custom .INF file for the display) with no discernible difference.

Disabling Hybrid Sleep mode *seems* to increase the likelihood of getting video coming out of sleep, maybe 25% of the time.

Is there anyone out there running Windows 7 x64 on an ASRock H55m pro board with a GT 430 discrete GPU that isn't having wake from sleep issues?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you had any luck fixing your sleep issues? I am also having problems wakening from sleep with this same card. I usually, again about 4 times out of 5, get a BSOD (blue screen). Hibernate works most, if not all, of the time. I am also running Win 7 64-bit, but with a Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 motherboard. I put in a different (ATI) card, and the sleep works fine with it.

I'd be interested in any new information you have, and I will let you know if I figure anything out.

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Update: I found the solution!

For me, the problem wasn't related to the video card. After more testing, the ATI had the same problem. The problem was actually with having the boot drive (Corsair Force 120 SSD) on one of the P67 6Gbps SATA 3 ports. When I moved it to one of the 3Gbps SATA 2 ports, S3 sleep wakes up fine.

I also tried a bunch of other things (which I later changed back because they didn't help):

- Increasing the QPI/VTT voltage to 1.16

- 1 DIMM at a time

- DIMMs in different slots

- An extra clock cycle on the memory command timing

- Slower memory clock speed (1066)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Radeon 5570 HD has major corruption, so I'm going back to the GT 430. The Radeon wakes from sleep without issue, so I'm hoping that with newer nVidia drivers and moving it to my projector setup the wake from sleep issues will go away.

LOL - funny when this thread was the first on Google when searching again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts