·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
1080P 1.85:1 Widescreen

English 5.1 DTS-HD MA

English, English SDH and Spanish subtitles
“Swallowed Souls: The Making of Evil Dead II” (HD) – NEW 90-minute multi-chaptered feature-length documentary
Dead by Dawn - A Look At The Development And Twists Of Fate That Led To Evil Dead II’s Creation With Bruce Campbell And Others!
The Chosen One – Star Bruce Campbell Looks Back On Challenges Of Returning To The Evil Dead Universe While Actors Sarah Berry, Danny Hicks, Ted Raimi And Kassie Wesley Detail The Horrors Of Their Roles In Evil Dead II
Madman Sam – Cast & Crew Reflect On Working With Legendary Director Sam Raimi Featuring Rare And Candid Moments From Original On-Set Footage
Dead Effects – Special Make-Up Effects Creators Mark Shostrom, Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger, Robert Kurtzman And Others Detail Their Graphic And Now-Famous Creations From The Film Along With Never-Before-Seen Photos And Video Footage
Re-Animated – Animators Doug Beswick, Tom Sullivan, Rick Catizone And Other Members Of The Visual Effects Crew Detail The Extensive Stop-Motion And Physical Effects Work Used In Creating Many Of The Memorable Horrors Seen On Screen
Method to Madness – Cast & Crew Detail The Challenges Of The Film’s Production Design And Photography And Some Of The Most Memorable Moments From The Exhausting Shoot Of The Film
Rosebud – A Look At The Editing And Eventual Release Of The Film With Cast & Crew And How It Has Evolved Into A Certified Cult Classic Over The Past Quarter-Century
“Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location of Evil Dead II” featurette (HD) – NEW
“Cabin Fever” featurettes from the set of Evil Dead II by makeup effects artist Greg Nicotero – NEW
“Artifacts of the Dead” stills gallery – NEW
Audio commentary with writer/director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell, co-writer Scott Spiegel, and special makeup effects artist Greg Nicotero
“The Gore the Merrier” makeup and effects featurette
“Evil Dead II: Behind the Screams” making-of featurette
Theatrical Trailer (HD)

And More!

http://www.cityonfire.com/evil-dead-...dvd-lionsgate/

Quote:
While chatting up all those Sam Raimi associates, Felsher has also been talking to them about EVIL DEAD II, which Lionsgate Home Entertainment issues on a new Blu-ray currently slated for November 15. While Felsher can’t reveal everything you can expect to find on this disc, he does tell us, “There will be a huge making-of documentary with over two dozen members of the cast and crew [including Campbell, pictured above], and much more. Also, Lionsgate is aware of how dissatisfied people were with the transfer on the previous EVIL DEAD II Blu-ray, and are taking steps to solve that issue for the new edition.” Keep your eyes on this site for further details!
http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?op...ews&Itemid=167

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Why can't they include the commentary from the DVD as well? The two commentaries from the Evil Dead DVD weren't included on the Blu-ray either.

These three commentaries are among the most entertaining and informative around. Would it hurt to include them?

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore /forum/post/0

Why can't they include the commentary from the DVD as well? The two commentaries from the Evil Dead DVD weren't included on the Blu-ray either.

These three commentaries are among the most entertaining and informative around. Would it hurt to include them?

Different company

·
Registered
3,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke /forum/post/20866387

That's some crap artwork, but I expect nothing less these days.

Mike, you have till November to sort out a Region A player...

THATS THE ORIGINAL POSTER!!!

This is the greatest thing in human history.

2011 is the greatest year for BD!!!!

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoul_duke /forum/post/0

That's some crap artwork, but I expect nothing less these days.

Mike, you have till November to sort out a Region A player...

Why? I own the US ED and can only play it on my pc lol. This will be my third evil dead 2 bluray!

It is an original poster but I preffer the palace pictures art.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore /forum/post/20866209

Where does it say that they won't be included? The post above lists only new special features and also says:

Archival featurettes, footage, galleries, TV spots and more

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezpekt /forum/post/0

Where does it say that they won't be included? The post above lists only new special features and also says:

Archival featurettes, footage, galleries, TV spots and more

If Anchor Bay / Image paid for them it could be a licencing issue, but when more is known I will update the thread.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
The commentary everyone likes Is actually from the Elite Entertainment laserdisc. It'll either be on the BD or not, either way my DVDs aren't getting chucked out like so many sega games.

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboyz /forum/post/0

The commentary everyone likes Is actually from the Elite Entertainment laserdisc. It'll either be on the BD or not, either way my DVDs aren't getting chucked out like so many sega games.

Damn I said image didn't I, not Elite!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I wasn't correcting you. Just pointing out that Anchor Bay has no more a claim to the commentary than Lionsgate. Canal can do what they want.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
So glad I never bothered with the BD and I sold my ED2 book of the dead DVD ages ago. Still got the Anchor Bay DVD (not with the tin, sadly) and I'll be glad if I can finally lay it to rest. Just bought Optimum's UK BD of Army Of Darkness too, so a proper HD viewing of the Evil Dead trilogy isn't too far away. Huzzah!

·
Banned
8,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D /forum/post/0

Awesome sauce! I never bothered with the BD and I sold my ED2 book of the dead DVD ages ago. Still got the Anchor Bay DVD (not with the tin, sadly) and I'll be glad if I can finally lay it to rest.

I have most of the dvd versions and the identical UK and US discs as I volunteered to be the AVS tester lol

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.