AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background:

I was happy Hd65 owner for 5 years or so, now I’ve used HD25e for 3 months or so.

I’m picky guy and I couldn’t stand soft corner issue tired 2 units, now after getting focus issues the offset characteristics got out of whack and I cannot ceiling mount it anymore.

The offset was about 5” prior RMA and now is 0”, which would make it way too low for my basement. As a result I will have no choice but to return it.

My budget is around $1000 but can be stretched to $1500 if I can justify it to my dear wife (WAF in full affect LOL)

Setup:

I have a static DIY 110” screen on a drywall. 4” MDF frame painted black and wrapped in black velvet.

I’m projecting from ceiling from about 13’. I have about 15” between the ceiling and the top of the screen.

I use HTPC win 7 (wmc7/xbmc) with nvidia GPU and internal bluray player. The worst case scenario, I can dismantle 110” frame and redo it to something bigger 

Needs:

I use it in my mancave basement almost everyday, either to watch movies or sports. On the weekends when the time allows we watch a flick or two as a family.

1080P movies

720P Tv shows

720P HD Sports

Browsing internet / reading. Must have decent uniform focus across the screen.

Light Gaming with my steam account.

Quiet fan would be a definite bonus.

3D is not a must, but a bonus. I might be stuck with 2 extra DLP 3D glasses from Optoma, would be a bonus if I could reuse them. If not I will have to sell them off.

I live in Canada, so buying from retailer I can easily return/exchange it (in case of issues) would be a bonus.

I never experience rainbow problems with my old HD65 nor with the new HD25e. If I have a choice I would like to stick with DLP.

However if there are any decent LCD projectors I’m willing to switch.

Too be honest I’m a little confused with the projector calculator, some of the projectors do not offer ceiling/table mounts?

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
The Mits has an iris, much better quality optics, less over all light output so the blacks should be much better, although I have not seen the HD25e it is definitely much better then the HD33 I had previously. With 15" of clearance from top of screen for 110" screen than the off set of the mits should not be a problem. The only kind of glasses you can't use are DLP link. I don't know if they ship to Canada but at $799 it is a sweet deal.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
perfect :) Thanks four feedback. I have very well light control man cave :) Is focus uniform across the screen? I will be using with my HTPC and I'm very picky about it. Are the noise levels fine?

if some can please confirm HC7900DW will work for my setup I would really appreciate?

13' throw for 110" screen. I have about 15" clearance between ceiling and top of the screen. I want to go as close to the ceiling as I can.

Also Does anyone know if Mits Canada will honor warranty for Mits bought in US?

Thanks so much....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekbones  /t/1519725/ex-hd65-owner-looking-for-1080p-alternative-for-hd25e-projector#post_24408282

The Mits has an iris, much better quality optics, less over all light output so the blacks should be much better, although I have not seen the HD25e it is definitely much better then the HD33 I had previously. With 15" of clearance from top of screen for 110" screen than the off set of the mits should not be a problem. The only kind of glasses you can't use are DLP link. I don't know if they ship to Canada but at $799 it is a sweet deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts