AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me dimensions of the HS10. (WxHxD)

Most Importantly I need to know the dimension between the lense and the base of the Projector. I need the lens to clear a 4" nudge I have in my ceiling so that I can mount the HS10 straight to the ceiling. Thanks

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Width: 13 5/8" (345mm)

Height: 5 7/8" (148mm)

Depth: 14 5/8" (369mm)

Height from bottom to center of lens: 3 3/4" (96mm)

Mass: 11 lb 14 oz (5.4kg)

Xander

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
>Have you taken delivery of your HS-10 yet?

Nope - I got the AE300 (couldn't wait anymore :)). I'm still deciding whether to sell or keep the AE300... if I sell it I will get an HS10.

Regards

Xander

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Xander,

I have a 4" nudge I need to clear in the ceiling in order to project. If the mount I want to buy is 1.75" height and the base to the middle of the lens is 3.75, it clears the 4". Will it project to my screen?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
feard1ss,

I think you'd be cutting it a bit fine here. If you can put a few spacers (e.g. piece of plank...) in to increase the distance betw the projector base and the ceiling (say from 1.75" to about 2.75") then it should be ok.

Xander

·
Registered
15 Posts
Xander,

I am trying to get my throw as far back as possible which according to the sony excel file is 18.2' for my 119" diag screen. Would you measure from the front edge of the projector or take into account the distance the lense is recessed into the case and measure from there for throw?

Probably not enough to worry about.

I assume when you say bottom to center of lense that is with the projector upright verses being inverted in a ceiling mount?

My last issue is determing the B factor which is the distance from the ceiling to the center of the lense (for how low to hang). After using the excel sheet for this it came out to be like 3.5" down which I don't think is right.

Thanks

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am 18'6" back from my133" diagonal screen and in the center of my zoom range,... are you sure of your numbers HTDawg?... not that there is much of a difference...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Blitzkreig,

According to the excel file for a 133" diag you are 16.9 min and 20.3 max for your throw. My 18.2 was the max throw for a 119" diag and 15.1 for the min but my goal was to get as far back as possible for seating and the so called theory that if you decrease your zoom as far as possible and move back to determine the size you get better picture quaility.

I feel good about my throw I just to get a handle on how far to mount the HS10 down from the ceiling. My HS10 will be centered with the screen. I am expecting the HS10 next Thursday or Friday. Thanks,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.