AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I picked up a little book at Home Depot that I am finding very useful:

Wiring Simplified, by Richter et al., 40th Ed., Park Publishing Inc, New Richmond, Wisc. 245 pages. ISBN 0-9603-294-8-X. Listed at $10.95, but I believe HD had it for $6.

The book covers equipment and techniques common to home and farm projects, noting how NEC requirements apply. More application than theory. Many illustrations and tables. The 40th Edition incorporates the 2002 NEC. Both new and old work are covered. (Low voltage is covered, but I haven't evaluated that section yet.)

While this book certainly doesn't replace the NEC, it distills the applicable parts into easy-to-understand bites. For someone that's thinking of dong their own work, or even for those interested in knowing what your contractor is talking about, I recommend it highly. :cool:

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What, no one has used this book?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi DMF,

I've read it. Like you I found it a good concise guide to wiring. I'm an electrical engineer, so I know how things electrical work, but don't know much about North American code (especially since my degree is from the Netherlands). This book gave a nice overview of what's allowed and what's not, with my background I also understand the reasons why. I picked up the book because I'm planning to do some (re)wiring in the house. With the information in it I feel confident in doing the work, and comply with code. Recommended!

-Rob-

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Just picked it up this past weekend, also a great handy little book.

- Josh

·
Registered
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjo_reich
I'm waiting for them to come out with a current, 2005 NEC, compliant edition.

:rolleyes:
Check Amazon. It's out.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So that's why HD has it for $6.

Code can't have changed that much, I wouldn't think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.