AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my 25 year old ~25†Mitsubishi TV is still going strong, I nonetheless want the video of my “HT†to someday catch-up to the audio (Anthem, Nordost, Sunfire, Kimber, Martin Logan, Paradigm…). While that’s currently impossible with today’s lagging video technology (surround video for the HT masses may not be a reality in my lifetime), a high fidelity “large screen†format does draw one closer to the event at hand (all things considered).

So, bummed that holodecks won’t be available for some time to John and Jane Q Public – while still amused at the very prospect ;), I hit a somewhat local venue after a business meeting to see if anything appeared interesting by way of big screen technological advancements… In this particular store I was eventually greeted by a rather courteous salesman who was: smart enough to wait until I was ready to be approached, took his time in assessing the situation, didn’t come-off like an idiot, knew enough facts (which I verified later) instead of just foistering blind opinion, was genuinely pleasant to speak with, and quite helpful via hard copies of info. - knowing that I wouldn’t be purchasing that day anyway. All-in-all, a rare breed as to the way he conducted himself…

Being a musician and audiophile for most of my life, I have a pretty good jump on a holistic approach for audio system integration given today’s technology, though admittedly I’m just starting to learn about things video related. Ergo, after seeing the Samsung ‘4365 in action (preferring it to the plasmas nearby – at least the way they were setup) and catching the sales guy’s take on the Samsung’s DLP’s in general, I decided to research this forum for a few days to find out what was hot, and what was not.

In that time I gleaned enough information to wait a version or two for the technology and its application to stabilize before I purchase. However along the way, I obviously found the going rates for the HLN4365W and ‘5065’ are quite a bit worse than the prices advertised at this store (by roughly $500.00). So appreciating the salesman’s approach along with those who imparted helpful information here, I thought I’d give back to those concerned… Therefore, if you’re in SE Michigan and are interested, PM me and I’ll shoot you the details on the store and whom to contact.

Warm regards,

=AirCeej=

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.