AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious to those who have returned/exchanged their Samsung because of the buzzing sound, what model did you replace it with?

Currently I have the PN58B860 from last week and it does have the buzz, I am seriously considering exchanging it for the the Samsung LCD/LED 55" UN55B8000.

What does everyone think? Or should I consider a different brand with the same features/price point?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The LED wouldn't work for me, I couldn't even stand the poor off-angle viewing, much less the motion blur. But, I had the 6000 series so the 8000 series may not have the blur but I think it still has the angle viewing issue.

Regardless, if the buzz is too loud for you to tolerate then you have to get something, most here will suggest the Panasonic if you don't want or can't find another Samsung.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rex /forum/post/18217255

The LED wouldn't work for me, I couldn't even stand the poor off-angle viewing, much less the motion blur. But, I had the 6000 series so the 8000 series may not have the blur but I think it still has the angle viewing issue.

Regardless, if the buzz is too loud for you to tolerate then you have to get something, most here will suggest the Panasonic if you don't want or can't find another Samsung.

is there a specific panny that some are getting instead? i agree with the off-angle viewing and motion blur - but i'm starting to think it's a better compromise than the buzzing. it's especially annoying during quiet or low volume scenes where the buzz is the most apparent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts