Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, now I'm excited. Just looking at Crutchfield page:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...=6&g=54400&s=0

The new line adds a common feature found in most other DVD players: MP3 playback.

This shows several new Sony DVD players. The one I want most is the DVP-NS755V because finally at a nice price and form factor my two most important features can be found in one machine: progressive scan and SACD playback with bass management! I wish it came in silver, but it looks that black is the only option. It's not available til 7/24/02, though, so my wait is almost over. :mad: It also has built-in Dolby® Digital/DTS® decoder with 5.1-channel output. If anyone knows anything about the internals of this deck, I'd love to know if Sony developed an all-in-one DVD/SACD board, or whether it's still two separate boards, which I think the 900V had which required a larger chassis than the rest of the line. ( http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VP755V&o=m&a=0 )

The other exciting model is the DVP-NS715P, which is just a newer version of the 700 with the MP3 playback capability. This one won't be available til 7/3/02. ( http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...VP715P&o=m&a=0 )

Other models in the new line are the 315 and 415, both of which are available now, but nether have progressive scan or SACD. Their biggest asset is their low price point.

I'd love to hear any thoughts from people reviewing or who have insights on this line. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why would I want to overpay for a Sony when the FABULOUS Panny RP-56 is available? No SACD, but you can buy a good dedicated Sony ES machine that does SACD only and get good deal on them now. No chroma bug either, unlike Sony. Then you would have much better performance all around!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Between the current discount prices on Sony ES players and Panasonic upcoming new DVD players, you can have great progressive DVD video, DVD-A and SACD for under $500.

Buy a Sony 775ES SACD changer now for $199.

Wait until July to buy a Panasonic RP-82 w/DVD-A for $279.

Tom B.

·
Registered
523 Posts
SACD has such a limited title selection, why bother?

Even DVD-Audio is pretty lame.

I got DVD-A with my Toshiba 4700 though and the audio quality is great with DVD-A but there's so little to choose from.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
How comes no specs on Sony CX-875 300 + 1 Progressive scan DVD mega changer, or do I have to wait til August when they will be out. I would like to get more information,

other than the plagued Kenwood, no one else has any progressive mega changers.

I'm spoiled rotten with mega changers just pick up the remote, you have a selection of up to 300 discs to view at your finger tips. Even if I wasn't disabled I could get into *not* having to fiddle around with a disc all the time, with scratching all too real.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
How comes no specs on Sony CX-875 300 + 1 Progressive scan DVD mega changer, or do I have to wait til August when they will be out. I would like to get more information,

other than the plagued Kenwood, no one else has any progressive mega changers.

I'm spoiled rotten with mega changers just pick up the remote, you have a selection of up to 300 discs to view at your finger tips. Even if I wasn't disabled I could get into *not* having to fiddle around with a disc all the time, with scratching all too real.
I was in Best Buy yesterday and the were clearing out the Sony 860 changer. I hope this is a good sign for megachanger advocates.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
The 755 looks good to me. If it has aspect ratio control and DOESN'T HAVE THE CHROMA BUG (which many Sony players do) I'll surely pair it up with the Panasonic 82. I think they might be a good pair to finally replace my much beloved Panasonic RP91 and JVC XV-723 players.

I'll just have to do more research as more information is made available about the new players in the future.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just picked up a 315 to replace my Toshiba 3109. I was getting tired of one deck for DVDs and another for burned CDs. I'm very pleased with it. Much faster seek time, better letterboxing for my 4"3 TV, and I love having an mp3 decoder. I tried a burned DVD and it played perfectly.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Wesley: What is your source for the info that the 755 doesnt have the chroma bug? I'm counting down my 30 day trial period on a Pana RP-91 and trying to decide to keep it or not.

[edit] Oops ... sorry ... didnt notice the 'if'

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm trying to decide between the NS715P and the RP-62. I know about the chroma bug on the Sony, but have also read that the Pany has "red flicker" on 480p output. What's the difference and which is more noticeable?

Thanks,

Brad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.