AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some leftover subs from the bad production run of Maelstroms. I've been trying to decide what to do with them and basically narrowed it down to two choices. #1. Scrap them. #2. Sell them without any guarantee but at dirt cheap prices so that those who are willing to gamble get a chance at a great sub.

So... it is Vegas time. If you feel lucky I've power tested some of these and they have withstood several high-power cycles without shorting rings coming loose. I suspect some of them will die, and some will live a normal lifespan but I have no way of forecasting what the percentages will be so you are taking a chance.

Rules:

#1. Drivers Cost $25 plus shipping. You MUST use the shopping cart on my site to buy them (I'll have the drivers posted in the morning). No support or help will be given for these and obviously no warranty implied or given.

#2. You have to buy them before Thursday afternoon. I'm one of the fortunate few to find work in this economy and my full-time position starts on Monday so my warehouse has to be cleared this weekend. Get them now or forever hold your peace. ;-) This weekend whatever isn't sold goes to the scrap yard so don't email asking for more.

#3. I won't have time for phone calls, lengthy email etc.. etc... for the reasons stated above.

#4. First come first serve and THIS OFFER ONLY IS AVAILABLE USING THE SHOPPING CART! No manual orders or questions, phone calls or email. Put them in the shopping cart and go! ;-)

#5. No warranty implied or given (did I mention that?).

I want to personally thank all those that have supported me over the years. I'm not closing the doors but Exodus is moving into serious part-time mode especially over the next several months while I get my feet back under me. I don't have a detailed plan for the future of Exodus but depending on circumstances, I can see a small transducer lineup that is easy for me to manage that satisfies my audio fix. But for now.... we are in warehouse clearing mode so get them while they are hot!

Best,

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts
Omg!

When will my new bank card come in!?!?! NNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I picked the wrong week to be dumb and leave my atm card in the damn atm. Grrrr!

Thanks for throwing this out there. You're a stand up guy, Kevin.

Btw, how large is the stock you're clearing out? I would believe that someone will clean house as soon as you put them up. I would.

Either way... best of luck to you, Kevin.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Kevin,

As everyone else in the world off HT good luck mate and I am sure if you get up and running fully again, what ever you bring out will scare the competition.

WOW $25 a pop. Would you ship either 2 off the 18's or 21's to the UK.

Let me know.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Best of luck to you in the future and you're new job. Hope it works out well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glad to hear that everything will work out for you, Kevin...relatively speaking. Good luck with the new job and I can't wait to see what you come out with in the future. That said...

I'll try checking this thread in the morning, but if there's interest in splitting shipping to MICHIGAN, email/PM me and hopefully we can get something going. I'll likely pick up 2 18"ers if they're still available by the time I get behind a computer tomorrow.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,382 Posts
Kevin didn't mention it but the price on the 6.5 inch Anarchies has been lowered (Sale?). Anyone interested in building one of the plans that has been floating around for those, now is the time to buy and help out Kevin. I recently experimented with a single fold dual driver tapped horn. That design will fit in columns in your theater or under your butt behind the sofa.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1349578

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm just waiting for this to go live... I think shipping will be around $75 for me for a 21" driver based on the weight/cost to ship of the anarchy 6.5"... Too bad it is Washington or I'd drive up with my truck and fill'er up.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC /forum/post/20801482

Kevin didn't mention it but the price on the 6.5 inch Anarchies has been lowered (Sale?). Anyone interested in building one of the plans that has been floating around for those, now is the time to buy and help out Kevin. I recently experimented with a single fold dual driver tapped horn. That design will fit in columns in your theater or under your butt behind the sofa.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1349578

Agreed. If you buy the Maelstrom, you could also order the Anarchy and the deal would still be great.

If anyone wants me to get more Anarchy flat packs cut, I can do that in a couple weeks. We'll have to figure that out later. I only have about 5 left or something like that.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Everyone needs to keep in mind that these are leftover subs from the bad production run of Maelstroms. If I remember correctly Notnyt's 8 M-18's were all bad so if you order up 4 of these and happen to get 4 bad subs then please don't come back on here and bad mouth Kevin.

Were all gambling here so don't be a malcontent if you lose.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio /forum/post/20801953

Everyone needs to keep in mind that these are leftover subs from the bad production run of Maelstroms. If I remember correctly Notnyt's 8 M-18's were all bad so if you order up 4 of these and happen to get 4 bad subs then please don't come back on here and bad mouth Kevin.

Indeed. If I bought one, it would be as a conversation piece rather than a working subwoofer. May not even build a box for it - I have enough bass in my home theater.

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio /forum/post/20801953

Certainly Vegas time like Kevin said!

Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Shipping to my area might be fairly high for those heavy beasts so it adds a bit more to the gamble.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaslast /forum/post/20801349

What is shipping on these usually?

IIRC, the site usually mentioned (for the Mal-X/Mal-X 21) a shipping range of $15-$35 per driver. So look at it as $50 a driver which is still good and incredible if you get a good one.

Like Wolf said, I'd like to get one just to have out as a show piece.

Though the thought of surrounding my seat with quad 18's...

Yyyeah.

So who here is gonna clean house?

·
Registered
7,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian /forum/post/20802241

IIRC, the site usually mentioned (for the Mal-X/Mal-X 21) a shipping range of $15-$35 per driver. So look at it as $50 a driver which is still good and incredible if you get a good one.

Like Wolf said, I'd like to get one just to have out as a show piece.

Though the thought of surrounding my seat with quad 18's...

Yyyeah.

So who here is gonna clean house?

I once considered buying the 21" driver. If I recall, shipping to Ohio was over $50.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts