AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I meant to add them to the end. The next video has a lot of close up shots. It's covering how to wire the driver, line the cabinet, pre drill holes and why .. just what to do after the enclosure is ready for the parts to be installed. It'll be published in a day or two.

·
Registered
413 Posts
@cdy2179 - would you say the exohyde has a 'smoother' finish than the duratex / is easier to hide roller marks, or no?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@cdy2179 - would you say the exohyde has a 'smoother' finish than the duratex / is easier to hide roller marks, or no?
Duratex can be applied just as smooth. I'd say it's really in what you use to apply it. When using the rollers they recommend there is no issue with roller marks at all. I have zero and if I tell you I sprayed it you'd believe me. If you watch the videos after this one like where I show what to do after you've built a kit you'll see a bunch of close ups.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Duratex can be applied just as smooth. I'd say it's really in what you use to apply it. When using the rollers they recommend there is no issue with roller marks at all. I have zero and if I tell you I sprayed it you'd believe me. If you watch the videos after this one like where I show what to do after you've built a kit you'll see a bunch of close ups.
I did watch them and really liked the finish, and it's quite a bit less expensive than the Duratex, so I'm curious what you found overall to be the product you'd reach for in the future?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did watch them and really liked the finish, and it's quite a bit less expensive than the Duratex, so I'm curious what you found overall to be the product you'd reach for in the future?
Definitely Exohyde. I'm personally not going to spend more money for a more well known name brand. The Exohyde went on great, coverage is great and it's very hard once it cures. Spending a penny more IMO is throwing money away.

·
Registered
158 Posts

I had similar good results on a smaller sub (10” Dayton Audio passive resonator). Seems to be a good product if you want the textured black finish. And I second the suggestion for using the recommended roller(s).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts