AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MIT 65738. PS3. No MIT adapter needed. Emitter. 2 pair of MIT glasses work perfectly. Tried 2 pair of the Expand 103's today. Momentary maybe about a second of losing synch. If that's the right word. Both pairs do same thing. Did not have any problems while watching Alice in Wonderland with the MIT glasses.

I checked Expand's site and did not see any updates other than email contact for support.

A bit dissappointed. They'll be going back to Sears in the morning.

Followed synch directions by the way. One blink for the MIT....

·
Registered
483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 /forum/post/19633084

MIT 65738. PS3. No MIT adapter needed. Emitter. 2 pair of MIT glasses work perfectly. Tried 2 pair of the Expand 103's today. Momentary maybe about a second of losing synch. If that's the right word. Both pairs do same thing. Did not have any problems while watching Alice in Wonderland with the MIT glasses.

I checked Expand's site and did not see any updates other than email contact for support.

A bit dissappointed. They'll be going back to Sears in the morning.

Followed synch directions by the way. One blink for the MIT....

It took me a couple of tries to get them (xpand x103) to work on my Panny.

And did you try the Samsung setting since they are the same glasses as Mitsu's?

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried Samsung setting. As the setting on the glasses is one blink for either.

Did many different things including moving IR emitter closer to seating area/glasses, new batteries. Less drops but still drops.

Watched entire move three times now. Same results. Expands drop synch randomly, for brief moment, then resynch. Can repeat visual effect by putting finger over glasses receiver gizmo and then taking finger off.

Not sure if the receiver gizmo's sensitivity can be set in the glasses firmware of if they need a new receiver gizmo so its sensitivity is improved but the problem seems to be the glasses and the receiver piece losing/dropping the IR signal.

IF the MIT/Samsung glasses had same issue would be thinking the IR Emitter, MIT 3D firmware, etc. That however is not the case. The MIT/Samsung glasses work perfectly.

Sears shows they have the Samsung glasses in stock. Will exchange not return if possible.

They are a few bucks more of course but worth it if reliably working....

If my experience is duplicated by others with MIT 3D RPTV's, Expand is going to take a hit....

Not good. Not good at all.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Returned to Sears. Mine not only pair in their return bin.

Hmmm.....

They did not have the Samsung's. Will be picking up one pair for test purposes today with coupon at Best Buy.

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up one pair of the Samsung 2100 that are the same as the MIT ones from the 3D pack/kit. They work perfectly. Just confirming its the Expand glasses, not my setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts