AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing a component matrix switch over the next couple of days. Big thing for me is expandability. I can start with a 4x4 now, but will get up to as many 7 or 8 inputs and 12 outputs. I see getting up to 12 outputs. Right now its down to the HLX modular system by Audio Authority and the Idaho 8 x 9 from HD TV Supply.

I have seen a few reviews for the HLX, none for Idaho. Would love to hear from anyone that has tried the Idaho; general thoughts and opinions are good too.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
The AudioAuthority units are awesome. Never heard of Idaho (well, not in the A/V context
)

Do you need more than 4 sources? I've recently expanded my Aton HDR44 to 12 zones with a 3rd unit. If I really needed more than 4 sources, I could probably section them off onto one of the 4x4 units - with some thoughtful planning, you may not need an 8x8. For example, if you're going to hook 4 set-top boxes to an 8x8, hooking two each onto 4x4 units, and grouping the outputs logically based on expected usage, you may get very close to the same functionality...

Jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to start with 4x4 and go from there. I saw the Aton. Problem is I do not have 2 Cat5 runs to all the rooms. AudioAuthority has an option for tose rooms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts