AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning to purchase an Audiotron because the ability to stream internet radio independently of a server was a very important feature for me. However, TB decided to discontinue that product and I am not happy with the alternatives on the market today.

Any early news on what we might see at CES this January from either TB or the other companies in this space? With used audiotrons selling on Ebay for 50-75 percent ABOVE their last selling price new, it seems there is great demand for such products.

Ross

· Registered
23 Posts
Having waited for the Mediatron for over a year, I took the jump and bought an HD1000 at full early adopter price.

There are many complaints with it, you can find those in other threads. Now would be a great time for Turtle Beach to surprise us with a product that is actually ready to ship. Trying to be optimistic.

I'm over the need for a client to run without server software. The HD1000 and audiotron needed server software, just that they used samba that was default on almost all computers and NAS units. My biggest requirement is the on screen display because my stereo is tucked neatly into a cabinet.

· Registered
157 Posts
My biggest issue with server software requirements is devices that only support Windows.

I recently came across TwonkyVision, a stand-alone Universal Plug-n-Play media server for both Windows and Linux:
http://www.twonkyvision.de/UPnP/index.html#server

Many of the media streamers out there use UPnP (Netgear MP101, Roku, D-Link DSM-320, Philips Streamium, Go Video connected DVD player, etc.) Supposedly this server is compatible with many of them. I'd love to try it on Linux, but I have only Audiotrons so all I need is SMB right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.