AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what the proposed BTX mobo standard will mean for HTPC cases? It has a bass ackwards setup when compared to ATX.

I would hate to spend $500 CND on a nice case and a year from now not be able to put a new mobo in it.

What are your feelings on the potential BTX standard? Do you think it'll come to fruition and time soon?

Just thinking outloud really....

Wes

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I agree - even worse when you got $1000cdn in a case (Atech).

BTW, is your netremote CCF available for download?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want the CCF I'll put it up tonight. Let me know.

It's worth waitng though as I'm building one from scratch with lotsa cool graphics. Its built to control my Marquee, TT and lighting. What's really cool is that I'm using graphics of my actual equipment and theatre. The buttons for contolling TT and the lighting are really nice, big enough for my clumbsy thumbs.

Oh ya, the really cool thin is that when you press a button/graphic is looks as though you've sent ripples through it, if you know what I mean. I've spent alot of time on it, hopefully I can finish it this weekend. I've set it up for simple changes such as titles.

I'll post an image here soon.

Wes

·
Registered
57 Posts
i'll take a copy of that ccf too...the gml would be nice too...

I'm waiting til the btx cases come out...i dont feel like investing 300.00 twice in a year-year and a half period for a case

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.