AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting the usual argument's aside regarding on-line vs brick and mortar which have been well covered elsewhere, I was wondering what the experience has been for those who have purchased a Sammy DLP or any other big screen set on-line? Does it make a difference if the on-line retailer is an authorized dealer such as Crutchfield, On-line or TVAuthority? Just wondering as I am seeing a huge drop in prices in a few models that CC and BB will not match.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm going to be buying a 617 this week most likely. I was considering the online route but you may want to visit your local CC this week (before Friday). My local store is running a pretty good sale right now (I'm not sure if its a national sale or what though). Their prices w/o any negotiating are lower than any reputable site I've come across online.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought a 437 in December. I went into BB and CC to see if I could get a better deal, but had no luck. I eventually went with Crutchfield and bought the matching TV stand with the money I saved on not paying taxes or shipping.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I would personally recommend brick/mortar if you can find one in stock. I could not, and bought from Crutchfield which is as close to brick and mortar as you can get online, and saved a few bucks as well. I wouldn't gamble on a purchase this big with a lesser known online retailer or you will regret it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Buckeye3d
I'm going to be buying a 617 this week most likely. I was considering the on-line route but you may want to visit your local CC this week (before Friday). My local store is running a pretty good sale right now (I'm not sure if its a national sale or what though). Their prices w/o any negotiating are lower than any reputable site I've come across on-line.
I did go to CC and you are right. The prices this week are lower than I have seen on authorized Samsung Dealer on-line sites. have seen a few sites lower still but don't feel comfortable buying from these sites even if it is a few hundred dollars cheaper than an authorized dealer site. Still the CC is a good price and I think I may take the bite on a HLN437. I would like the 50 " but can't fit it.

Thanks again for the tip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.