AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a D1 in December. It did not play some DVDs that play normally on other players and computer, including commercial DVDs as well as DVD-Rs. All DVD+Rs that I tried seemed to play OK. I complained to Vinc, they were nice though not very forthcoming about the cause of the problem. They RMA'd and cross-shipped me a new unit. This replacement unit had a slightly older serial but was exactly the same functionally. It failed on exactly the same DVDs.

Both units had a Fuss loader. I replace the loader with a Toshiba 1712. Fit nicely, had to use velcro to mount. I first switched the loader to region 1 using the device manager in an XP tower. All DVDs now play perfectly so far, including the previously bad ones. Thanks for all the info on doing this!

Question: These D1s give the custom resolution menu by using 9-7-1-3-Enter from the resolution dialog. Does this mean they have 10.0.0.5 software? The default custom resolution appears to be 1024x768. This doesn't work on my Sony HS20 projector, I am currently using mostly the 720i setting, but maybe sometimes 480i looks better. What would be the optimal standard and/or custom settings to use for the HS20 (not just the resolution numbers but all the other stuff that can be specified in the custom dialog).

Heironymous

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Both versions of Firmware, 1.0.0.5 & 1.0.0.6 allow Custom Settings. Sorry I can't help you on the HS20.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.